How to apply: After reading the job description entirely, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining how your experience fits the skills needed in this position and why you want to work at Rebellyous Foods. We are seeking to hire for this position immediately.
About Us: Rebellyous Foods (RF) is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up providing scrumptious, juicy, plant-based chicken products in the foodservice and retail channels. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of specific, high-quality plant-based meat products to effectively serve the foodservice and retail markets to replace animal-based meat on a large scale. We achieve this through the design, development, and implementation of new production equipment, methods and systems for enhanced plant-based meat production. We operate three major divisions: 1) Product Sales & Marketing, 2) Manufacturing & Logistics, 3) Equipment Research & Development.
Rebellyous Foods is seeking a conscientious, flexible, and detail-oriented Foodservice Account Manager who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, takes pride in working in a fast-paced, constantly changing startup environment, and thrives working in an intensive manufacturing work environment. We are seeking a mission-focused and dedicated team member to build partnerships and create sales opportunities within the foodservice industry. This person will service existing accounts, use superior cold-calling skills, meet partners at conferences and events, and leverage networks to generate new business with schools, hospitals, colleges and universities, business accounts, restaurants, and retailers. This role will expand trial and adoption of Rebellyous Foods’ products in the foodservice channel.
Flexibility and keen follow through are critical for success for employees in a start-up environment. Frequent after hours and weekend availability are required. This position is an extraordinary opportunity to get in on the ground level with a fast growing, mission-focused start-up and help build the company. This position reports directly to the VP of Business Development.
- Lead the company’s dynamic foodservice sales efforts and develop/maintain relationships with foodservice institutions at all levels.
- Become an expert in RF’s product offerings and customer needs.
- With the VP of Business Development, create a regional sales strategy for existing and prospective partners on a quarterly basis or as needed.
- Present and sell products to current and potential clients, identifying customer needs, and crafting solutions to successfully meet them.
- Using SAP CRM, identify, develop and refine account profiles for key customers within the assigned territory. Utilize the system regularly to track sales calls, opportunities and wins.
- Conduct product and proposition presentations. Refine selling strategies based on the outcomes.
- Establish relationships with sales brokers and distributors and provide support as needed for broker or distributor training.
- Write and supply regular and/or ad hoc reporting as required.
- Manage an individual expense account within budget guidelines.
- Identify new sales leads, pitch products, and maintain fruitful relationships with existing customers and research potential new markets.
- Contact potential customers via email or phone to establish rapport, set up meetings and track tastings, pilot programs, and contracts.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with customers and leads to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
- Develop quotes and proposals. Negotiate by phone, email, and in person. Must be comfortable with legal documents.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events to build relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing & Logistics team to fill orders and manage customer accounts.
- Provide feedback to supervisor and R&D on customer needs for future R&D efforts.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Organize and provide assistance for special sales and promotions.
- Attend and actively participate in priority sales meetings and appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Candidates should have all of the following credentials:
- Enjoy working with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- IT fluency with skills including GSuite, Microsoft office suite. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Basic accounting skills to support customer account maintenance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal. Confident and effective public speaking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Flexible and willing to take on any tasks to support team efforts.
- Friendly, professional, and courteous, placing a strong value on relationships.
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations.
- Attention to detail, excellent time management and organization.
- Two years foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability with the ability to be a self-starter and make independent decisions.
- Work requires significant travel (up to 70 percent) to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license and a personal vehicle (mileage will be reimbursed).
- Interest in the plant-based meat industry.
- Experience and extensive network in the food industry.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, and reach regularly. Ability to lift, push, pull up to 35 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This position regularly requires long hours and may require weekend or after-hours work. Significant travel is required.
Location: Rebellyous Headquarters in West Seattle or remote.
Salary: Competitive. Commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience fits the skills needed in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking to hire for this position immediately.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, RF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.
- Full Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA
- Job Street Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest
- City Seattle
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office