As the Front Desk Concierge you will be the face of the organization and help contribute and exhibit an exceptional customer service experience to all internal external guests onsite. You will play a key role in enhancing the employee experience, supporting a variety of administrative tasks that includes organizing and prioritizing duties, completing the office responsibilities and making sure operations run smoothly.
Our ideal candidates will be self-motivated, organized, collaborative, and creative with a experience as a front of office admin or a receptionist with administrative responsibilities,, ideally in a start-up environment. You are organized, a strong communicator, a professed in front-office management and have impeccable organizational and customer service and people skills. You are the type of person that takes immense pride in the seamless coordination, and impeccable organization and presentation of the office. You are capable of and enjoy finding creative solutions for enhancing and improving the office experience.
What you’ll do
- Act as the face of the organization managing the front of office and reception of all guests, visitors;
- Ensure all guests are appropriate checked in and out including signing of NDA, verifying COVID vaccination and/or ensuring guest has proper mask;
- Manage badging for employees, campus amenity access , and office engineering work orders;
- Own the onsite calendar to proactively account for receiving all guests and visitors; coordinate and triage with hosts as needed;
- Respond and provide information for office-related inquiries; provide support or guidance and assistance in a positive customer service-oriented way;
- Apply applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements as assigned;
- Support conference room booking and “conflicts” as needed;
- Support company-wide such as large meeting setup and coordination and happy hours as needed;
- Support safety initiatives and emergency evacuation procedures in partnership with facilities teams; support training and education as needed;
- Ability to take on additional administrative & facilities-related tasks as needed.
What you’ll bring
You are dependable, punctual, flexible, and highly organized to achieve goals on deadlines with minimal supervision;
- You have ideally 2-4 years of experience in a front of office receptionist and/or office administration role ideally in a startup or life-sciences environment;
- Higher education preferred but not required;
- You are a critical thinker with an excellent sense of judgement; you have a strong sense of ownership and proactive problem anticipation and resolution;
- Experience using front office technology; Envoy experience ideal;
- You are technologically inclined and proficient in Microsoft 360 – especially outlook; able to seamlessly schedule and manage calendars;
- Working knowledge of front office best-practices including guest and visitor management, security, vendor coordination, and scheduling;
- You’re an excellent communicator with strong people skills; comfortable interfacing with both internal team members and external visitors, vendors and guests including candidates, board members;
- Prior experience assisting facilities in science or technology skills;
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time non-exempt regular position at our brand-new beautiful office and facility in Alameda, CA.
Scheduled work will primarily be during normal business hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with some after or early hours needed to support office events or special guest visits.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the worlds first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Sciences 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- For more on JUST Egg, visit: http://ju.st
- For more on GOOD Meat, visit: http://goodmeat.co
- Full Address Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address Alameda
- City Alameda