Position Title: FSQA Supervisor
Reports To: FSQA Manager
Supervises: FSQA Technician, Laboratory Technician
Location: Turners Falls, MA
The FSQA Supervisor is responsible for administering the Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols and overseeing the daily tasks of FSQA and Laboratory Technicians. You are accountable for leading the FSQA team in compliance to policy, regulatory standards, and business goals across the facility. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with superior technical knowledge and influencing skills, as well as a proven track record of higher-than-average results.
- Supervises Laboratory Technicians ensuring that required tasks are conducted consistently, efficiently, and meets the needs of the business.
- Review Laboratory Technicians schedules, maintaining KRONOS punches for clocking in and out, and coordinating time off requests to ensure ample coverage of the floor.
- Develop and implement programs to meet MLF corporate standards for Food Safety and Quality
- Participate in cross functional SOP development, updating and implementation.
- Provide HACCP and MLF Food Safety and Quality program updates, Maintenance, verifications and function as a cross functional liaison to ensure the plant is meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for all stakeholders.
- Prepare for and support third party audits (Organic, BRC, etc.)
- Review paperwork for timeliness, accuracy, and completion. As backup of FSQA Coordinator, will review PPC paperwork and perform daily finished product releases.
- Respond to radio requests for help in Laboratory Technicians absence or if there is a need for escalation.
- Create and document daily non-conformities, corrective actions, and preventative actions in QN module of SAP.
- Aid Production when issues arise with weight checks, packaging issues, quality defects, etc.
- Participate in meetings as delegated by the FSQA Manager.
- Conduct Internal Audits, report non-compliances and implement corrective/preventive actions to ensure compliance to all food safety and quality requirements.
- Conduct investigations and issue any corrective actions, if necessary, based on deviations found in plant process or resulting from customer complaints.
- Maintaining an attitude of continuous process improvement and training of employees at hourly and salary levels
- Administer trainings (one on one, or group training) on food safety, GMP, HACCP and other topics as necessary.
- Plan, actively engage, communicate and provide direction with respect to Quality Assurance/Food Safety and related activities in all programs such as Sanitation, BRC, Employee Relations, Health and Safety Programs etc.
- Develop a constructive work environment through excellent interpersonal, team building skills, open communications, encouraging input and constructive performance management.
- Support and execute the Company’s Food Safety programs at the facility in conjunction with Operations, Maintenance, Sanitation and all other plant functional areas.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the plant’s Health and Safety Programs.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent food industry experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience leading small teams
- Understanding of the FDA regulations, Food Safety Modernization Act, Sanitation, SOP development and implementation, and GMPs
- Strong leadership skills
- 2-3 years experience in the Food industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database systems, experience with SAP preferred
- Full Address 153 Industrial Blvd, Turners Falls, MA
- Job Street Address 153 Industrial Blvd
- City Turners Falls