EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
As an intern, you will be mentored by experts in modern sequencing technology. You will be working alongside a motivated team to perform molecular biology protocols at the bench and use computational tools to interpret results. You may be experienced in one of these areas and looking forward to building new skills. We encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
Reports to: Senior Scientist
Location: South San Francisco
- Work together with the Strain Engineering team to follow a project from planning to completion
- Carefully follow protocols and SOPs
- Perform DNA extraction and sequencing library preparation
- Share sequencing data results and interpretation
- Currently a student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCR and gel electrophoresis
- Familiar with some basic bioinformatics tools such as BLAST or IGV
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Interested in the alternative foods industry
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- Wet lab experience genetic engineering microbes
- Dry lab experience with genomics or other NGS data
This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location – there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- City South San Francisco