The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
AeroFarms is seeking a Graphic Design Intern
We are looking for a stellar graphic design intern to join AeroFarms’ Marketing team, to help us create compelling visual content to tell our story to a variety of stakeholders across our digital channels.
AeroFarms is an award-winning vertical farming company passionately solving agriculture’s biggest challenges, and we are looking to bring on an aligned, talented individual passionate about sustainable agriculture, food and technology to join our team!
This is a part-time position that will be up to 20 hours of work per week. This is an independent role that is mostly remote, and would be preferred if you had access to a vehicle / some flexibility to visit with us here and there.
- Combine art and technology to communicate ideas using a variety of design elements to clearly and creatively communicate message across digital and printed media.
- Effectively translate AeroFarms branding and marketing strategies into exceptional creative concepts and executions
- Collaborate with the AeroFarms Marketing team to execute all stages of the visual media and graphics design process, from brainstorming to final implementation
- Join stakeholder meetings when required to fully understand their needs and develop visual concepts
- Manage and prioritize projects and meet required deadlines
Digital Graphics (Static + Animated)
- Produce a variety of creative multimedia assets – including but not limited to – GIFs, static graphics, icons, original illustrations, video, and motion graphics/animations.
- Utilize software such as Adobe After Effects and Premier to edit and enhance short- and long-form video content for online platforms (i.e., Instagram Reels, YouTube, TikTok)
- Iteratively revise and optimize concepts and media based on team feedback, stakeholder review, and data insights
- Keep abreast of digital/social media visual trends and parameters
Other Activities May Include:
- Supporting development of print assets
- Supporting video editing
- Supporting content capture (using Iphone and/or digital camera)
Our Dream Intern…
- Studying graphic design in undergrad or grad school
- Talented in the creation of engaging short- and long-form video content for digital platforms
- Broad understanding of online/social media sites such as: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Has excellent communication skills & ability to engage people in a friendly, warm and energetic manner
- Is reliable, independent worker with little or no supervision
- Can work quickly and efficiently to meet pressing deadlines and last-minute opportunities
- Confident in their ability to project manage, organize, and prioritize tasks
- Exceptional time management skills
- Attention to detail with adherence to competing deadlines
- Strong work ethic with a dedication to excellence
- Has excellent grasp of and access to Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Aftereffects, Premier), Canva a plus for the development of static graphics, GIFs, original illustration, motion animations for video and web, etc.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark