Head of Sales
Full Harvest is solving the $2.6 trillion global food waste problem through technology and innovation. We run the only business-to-business online marketplace connecting farmers with commercial produce buyers where they can purchase imperfect and surplus produce.
This mission helps reduce climate change by lowering CO2 emissions and water use and delivers incremental revenue to farmers. A win-win-win for farmers, food companies, and the planet.
Full Harvest is recognized as a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, the top 2020 Fast Company World Changing Idea, and Forbes Most Innovative Agtech Startup.
Want to join a super friendly, hard working, and passionate team that is determined to solve food waste? Check out our job opening below!
We are seeking a Head of sales to lead our growing Sales team and focus on driving revenue growth through new logo acquisition and the expansion of existing accounts.
This position will report to our Chief Revenue Officer and lead a team of account executives and account managers on accelerating pipeline growth and evangelizing Full Harvest’s value proposition. As the leader of this team, you will build operational rigor into the business with an emphasis on strategy, data-driven forecasting, analyzing the effectiveness of sales and marketing strategies, disciplined database management, and a robust reporting infrastructure.
You will partner cross-functionally to drive near-term optimization and long-term growth. You will be a coach and a mentor to achieve overall sales results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and motivate a high-growth sales organization and set strategies and programs to achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Use data to guide management of the business including evaluation of key performance metrics and analysis of activity, results and forecasts. Prepare proper weekly reporting for executives on sales progress to goals.
- Manage the team to support a culture of high-performance. Establish performance review criteria, set targets for direct reports, and serve as the champion for direct report’s quota attainment and career development
- Create sales-based incentives and best practices/ processes to properly hire and scale the sales team
- Initially manage some large top tier food & bev companies to meet aggressive sales targets.
- Assist in developing pricing strategies for buyers
- Provide key insights to executive & product teams on buyer pain points and tech needs as well as improve sales team internal processes to facilitate greater buyer tech adoption
- Skillful prioritization and territory planning experience
- Partner with the Head of Marketing to influence a marketing strategy that builds strong brand awareness, drives new customer acquisition, expands adoption and generates revenue growth.
- Work cross-functionally to build strong relationships with business and technical team, as well as influence their market understanding.
- 10+ years of sales experience. 5+ years of experience building and leading high-performing, tech startup sales teams that consistently meet/exceed targets, with at least some business-to-business experience
- Marketplace and /or tech innovation in old-school industry experience a huge plus
- Comfortable working in a high paced, growth environment. Strong people management, coaching, and development experience
- Strong Data driven decision making to drive team towards aggressive goals and a keen eye for accuracy
- High EQ with strong critical thinking skills, adaptable, and able to thrive in a mission/purpose driven culture
- Experience operating cross-functionally to drive performance initiatives that enable team to close deals
- Passion toward disrupting markets not previously disrupted by technology and facilitating digital transformation
- Ability to travel nationally to meet with current and potential buyers
- Track record of increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Experience selling tangible goods, supply chain solutions and/ or selling into food & bev companies a huge plus
- Tech savvy and comfortable working with and learning new applications
- BA, Business Administration or similar
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k benefits
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at our recent article featured in TechCrunch
- City San Francisco