About the Role!
We are looking for an EHS Specialist to join our new, state-of-the-art food manufacturing facility located in Brantford.
You do not want to miss out on an opportunity to work for a globally recognized plant-based food leader and a major new employer in the Brantford community!
What are the perks of working with Upfield?
- Permanent position
- Benefits eligibility on day one!
- 3 weeks’ vacation + 2 floater days per year
- Generous pension plan with company matching
Role and responsibilities:
- Management of overall site EHS program (LOTO, Process Safety, Environmental stewardship, Training, Data analysis, Incident Management, Inspections, Audits etc.).
- Manage and interpret EHS-related documentation, including but not limited to: EHS key performance indicators (leading/lagging), incident logs (near miss, injury, and environment).
- Perform thorough incident investigations to ensure actions are put in place to prevent further occurrence: facilitate incident reviews, risk rank incidents, follow-up with operational line management.
- Use indicator analysis to determine key focus areas and goals for the site.
- Provide sustaining support for the Plant operations team (safety review board support, permit to work reviews, provide instructor-led training).
- Create Toolbox talks, safety communications, and informational presentations.
- Perform EHS site walks
- Lead behavioral safety observations in partnership with operations teams.
- Be a key influencer to improve overall safety culture in partnership with other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience:
- Formal education in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4+ years of work experience in a field directly related to Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications and able to create polished, professional presentation material.
- Proven ability to balance stakeholder needs within multiple levels of an organization.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with managers and co-workers.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Function well in a collaborative environment.
- Highly skilled as an active listener.
- Strong focus on excellent workmanship and attention to details.
- Self-driven and flexible/adaptable to change.
- Able to analyze date effectively.
Upfield is the largest plant-based consumer products company in the world. Our purpose is to make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based foods, plant-based butters and vegan cheeses that are better for you and better for the planet. Although Upfield is a new company, started in 2018, our iconic brands like Imperial® and Becel® are known by generations of Canadians. Our newest products include Becel® Plant-based Bricks and Becel® with Oat Beverage, and Violife® vegan cheese alternatives. These products will be made in our new Brantford facility.
Upfielders have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us think fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products and for delivering great tasting and high-quality plant-based products to our consumers. Performance, Passion, and Care define the values that guide how we act as a company, and how we work as Upfielders every day.
We have big ambitions and we are looking for people with ambitions to match. If you enjoy a challenge and a dynamic working environment, join us and we’ll give you the ownership you need to make a real impact on people’s lives and our planet.
- City Brantford