AeroFarms is hiring a HR Generalist!
Are you a tech savvy HR professional who likes to organize and streamline processes? Do you enjoy being a first point of contact to answer questions and help point people in the right direction? Are you a Payroll master? Then what are you waiting for? We’d love to hear from you!
AeroFarms is seeking an HR Generalist to join our team. As the HR Generalist, you will report to the HR Business Partner and be part of the greater People Operations team at AeroFarms.
We are a growing team, dedicated to fostering a culture of employee health and wellness, collaboration and engagement, with a commitment to hiring diverse candidates and creating an inclusive environment. Imagine a job where you wake up and know that your role directly helps build a better future for the planet and other people. Well guess what: that is AeroFarms!
AeroFarms is the commercial leader in Vertical Farming, based in Newark, NJ. We are on a mission to grow the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. We grow leafy greens that are Non-GMO, and we use zero herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides of any kind. Our growing technology uses 95% less water, compared to conventional agriculture and can grow the best tasting greens 365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor vertical farms across the country using the latest technological advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth with construction of new farms, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
HR Generalist Job Description:
The HR Generalist will be the “face” to employees and external partners for all HR related queries. As the HR Generalist, your priority will be to handle employee documentation, hourly payroll, employment & drug checks, HR, recruitment paperwork and orientation starter packs. You will also process any employee changes in our HRIS systems and process all documentation surrounding these changes.
You will have a strong understanding of employment law and will ensure the People Operations department adheres to these. Assisting with any other administrative tasks as and when they arise may be necessary, including helping with travel arrangements.
This role reports to our Newark Human Resources Business Partner with a dotted line to the Chief People Officer. There is plenty of room for advancement and career growth as our company is expanding globally and in the US. The role will require you to go into the office 3 – 5 days a week and go between our 3 Newark offices. This role may require some travel to other AeroFarms offices a few times a year.
Our offices and farms are diverse, and we are ideally looking for someone who is fluent in Spanish (written/verbal).
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally, such as manager changes, compensation changes, PTO, leaves and worker’s comp claims
- Preparing and amending HR documents, i.e., employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Reviewing and renewing company policies and HR legal compliance
- Communicating with internal and external partners on HR related issues
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics, such as company turnover, overtime, employee referrals, and other data when needed
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any benefits or PTO related queries
- Running weekly payroll, tracking down any missing time punches, answering employee payroll questions, providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e., holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from coordinating travel to processing expenses
- Partner with HRBP’s & Talent Acquisition team on weekly orientation and onboarding of new hires, assist in welcome letter to new hires, and be a point of contact to help new hires with onboarding paperwork
- Lead morning session of orientation
- Process background checks and drug testing with all new hires
Skills & Competencies:
You will have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience is required, and PHR certification is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of HR Generalist experience
- Proficiency in various Payroll software systems, we will also provide training on our systems
- Bilingual in Fluent Spanish and English is strongly preferred (written and verbal fluency)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer literacy skills with MS Office Suite required, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong ability to build relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Good understanding of labor laws, leave policies, and other general HR policies
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms
200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you! –
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark