A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Indianapolis, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 570 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Manager, Human Resources
Operating as a key member of the Turners Falls plant leadership team, the HR Manager plays an integral role in all aspects of talent management from performance to development, recruitment, recognition, and engagement. The HR Manager leads or supports the execution of plant and company-wide people programs and initiatives with a focus on building a sustainable culture that demonstrates great behavior that drive strong business results.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Deeply understand talent picture and establish plans to close any gaps
- Support a diverse and inclusive values based culture
- Lead and execute people processes that are aligned with the plant operational strategy
- Work with HR Centers of Excellence to support fully integrated and holistic HR solutions
- Prepare and deliver various training programs as needed
- Actively engage and coach leadership team on values including day to day application
- Lead execution of organizational development and change management initiatives
- Guide people in understanding and applying various policies and procedures
- Actively pursue process improvement activities
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations and Greenleaf Standards
What we have to offer you:
- A collaborative and engaging work environment and team culture
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
What you will bring:
- Bachelors degree (BA or BS) required.
- 5+ years in progressively responsible HR Generalist/Business Partner roles
- Possess a strong business acumen, with proven expertise in HR
- Strong knowledge of HR trends, practices, and legislation
- Proven ability to lead, coach and teach others
- Exceptional communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and influencing skills across all organizational levels
- Excellent presentation and facilitation abilities
- Recognized as a problem solver with a team first orientation
- Demonstrated success and experience in consulting with leaders on complex HR issues
- Ability to handle multiple priorities by applying strong time-management/organizational skills
- Consistent demonstration of leadership values and behaviors
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Manufacturing preferred
Greenleaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following workplace anti-discrimination and other applicable laws.
- Full Address 153 Industrial Blvd, Turners Falls, MA
- Job Street Address 153 Industrial Blvd
- City Turners Falls