AeroFarms is seeking a HVAC Technician to work in our Maintenance Department at our main facility in Newark NJ (212 Rome Street)
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
The HVAC Technician is responsible to troubleshooting, dismantling, inspecting, repairing, modifying, rebuilding, servicing and adjusting all types of facility HVAC systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read electrical prints and schematics.
- Experience with AC/DC motors and drives, 110-460Vac Circuits, thermocouples, single and three phase circuits, HVAC, reversing starters, and personal computers.
- Troubleshooting, conduit threading, bending installation, wiring installation
- Operation of equipment including forklift, man lift, aerial lift, overhead cranes, and mobile cranes.
- Use of Volt meters, calibration of equipment, oscilloscope leaders, PLC’s, PC’s.
- Calibration of all types of electrical equipment and HVAC systems.
- Responsible for the maintaining and sanitation of all work tools.
- Understanding of food hygiene and food safety.
- EPA 608 Certification required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks on time, work independently on repairs and exercise good judgement.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks daily and be able to shift tasks as priorities needed in order to complete changing needs.
- Fundamental understanding of the Refrigeration Cycle.
- Working knowledge and proficient in in core HVAC skills, including but not limited to:
- Proper refrigeration handling techniques (recharging, recovery, disposal, etc.).
- Use of manifold gauges.
- Calculating superheat and subcooling.
- Understanding wiring schematics.
- Experience Performing basic maintenance tasks, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning and changing filters.
- Identifying wearing parts.
- Greasing bearings.
- Changing belts.
- Ability to log and keep accurate records of work performed.
- Working experience with calibration of all types of electrical equipment and HVAC systems.
- Must be able to work rotating weekends.
- Must be available to work after hours and overtime.
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark