About the Role:
As an Industrial Hygiene Specialist at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by cleaning equipment, tools, and infrastructure in a thorough and efficient manner, with an emphasis on strictly adhering to AppHarvest safety rules and procedures. Dismantling, dry cleaning, wet cleaning, inspecting, and reassembling machines and equipment as directed. Protecting equipment during cleaning and safety handles all chemicals in the process.
Hours: Second Shift
Updated resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
What You'll Do:
- Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment including complying with OSHA, state/local, federal, and AppHarvest regulations
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality to management
- Provides for the introduction and daily application of the quality policy in the plant to satisfy the rules that apply with respect to HACCP and other food safety programs
- Sweeps, wipes, scrubs, vacuums, sanitizes, washes, and picks up as required to keep equipment, facility, and food surfaces clean and sanitary
- Follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) in order to clean equipment, facility, and food surfaces at a microbiological level
- Ensures all cleaning tools are stored properly like brushes, gloves, soap, towels, etc.
- Maintain sanitation tools and equipment in clean and working order
- Ensures all food safety related PPE is stocked throughout the facility
- Communicate with the Industrial Hygiene Lead the need for chemicals and PPE, checking inventory and requesting supplies when necessary
- Using and documenting chemical use to stated concentrations and for appropriate applications
- Verifying and documenting that correct chemicals and concentrations are used and that cleaning and sanitizing is complete to deliver equipment, facility, and food surfaces that is clean and passes all micro indicator tests
- Participate in regular meetings with Team Lead to discuss quality and sanitation improvements
- Communicates/coordinates with other departments to ensure optimum, efficient utilization of non-running time to properly maintain company’s equipment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
What We're Looking For:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend printed and electronic information
- Know how to operate cleaning equipment safely and efficiently
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMPs. Previous food sanitation experience a plus
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Able to obtain Forklift certification
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to lift and move over 50 pounds
- Time-management, multitasking abilities, and organization skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work different shifts, nights and/or weekends
- City Berea