We’re looking for an Industrial Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance Team and play a critical role in the success of JUST Egg at our Advanced Manufacturing Facility in Appleton, MN. We pay for 100% Medical, Dental, Vision, all effective day one! We provide equity to all members of our team because we believe you are a part of the business and should be an owner in the business!
As an Industrial Maintenance Technician you will use your technical skills to troubleshoot, repair and maintain food manufacturing equipment – including preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation of machinery relating to food processing, physical structures, mechanical and electrical systems. This person must understand and be able to adhere to all work safety protocols on mechanical and electrical equipment in a food manufacturing environment to ensure the safe operations of our equipment and therefore the success of our facility and business at Eat Just Protein, Inc.
What you’ll do
- Ensure proper adherence to all safety and government guidelines;
- Identify safety issues with machines; document issues; develop action plan to resolve concern; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved;
- Follow established preventative maintenance and continuous improvements; perform all necessary maintenance and report by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs utilizing CMMS program;
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot and repair process and utilities machinery and equipment;
- Controls downtime by informing production of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance;
- Assist with ad-hoc repairs and maintenance projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proactive and self-motivated, have the ability to evaluate and repair all types of mechanical and electrical equipment and is able to perform safely even under pressure when there is equipment failure. This person must possess the ability to work well with the larger maintenance team as well as cross-functional members of the organization.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma/or Technical School Training required;
- 5+ years of maintenance experience, ideally in food manufacturing or related environment;
- Class 1b active boiler license required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and materials used within the Maintenance Mechanic’s trade;
- Experience in Food Safety, GMP, CIP preferred;
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Strong Communication Skills – able to effectively present information to peers, upper management and team members in oral and written form;
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring; metal fabrication, plumbing (brazing and pipe threader) skills;
- Ability to pass a standard background check.
Additional “pluses” include familiarity with industrial automation, sanitary welding, or sanitary fabrication.
Additional Information & Requirements
This role is located at our Manufacturing facility in Appleton Minnesota, though occasional travel may be required, dependent on business needs. Supporting a facility running 24/7 will require regular presence evenings, nights or weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift up to 100 pounds and is frequently required to work standing for extended periods of time as well as climb stairs/ladders and elevated work platforms.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the worlds first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Sciences 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address Appleton, MN
- City Appleton