You’ll be asked to submit a cover letter, résumé, and the signed Essential Capabilities document with the application.
Internships are available at Project Chimps in Georgia, which provides lifetime care to former research chimpanzees in a sanctuary on 236-acres of forested land in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Event Planning interns (click to view expanded position description) will gain experience in event management and fundraising practices at a nonprofit chimpanzee sanctuary. The intern will also complete an independent project.
Some specific internship responsibilities include:
- Assist with construction and maintenance of event milestones, deadlines, and run-of-show
- Coordinate event registration and promotion with Marketing Department
- Research potential sponsors
- Track solicitations and donations in Classy and Salesforce program databases
- Use Volgistics volunteer management system to recruit, track and manage event volunteers
- Resident interns complete a weekly shift cleaning and tending to the intern residence
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisor
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities document with or without reasonable accommodation
- Interested in non-profit management and/or event planning
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with public speaking, in large and small group settings
- Current TB test, Flu shot, Tetanus, Hepatitis A, and Hepatitis B shots required, unless you are medically exempt
Time commitment is 32 hours per week for 12 weeks, flexible upon request. Schedule is flexible, although more hours will be required during the weeks leading up to one of the major events. While start and end dates are flexible, the intern should expect to complete their internship 2-3 weeks after the major event to allow for follow-up to guests, sponsors, volunteers.
Events include the following:
- Chimps Rock (April)
- Discovery Days Spring (May)
- Discovery Days Fall (September)
- Chimp or Treat (October)
On-site housing may be available for interns committing to at least 32 hours per week, and will be discussed after receipt of the application. The center will provide opportunities to travel into town with staff or volunteers for weekly grocery shopping. International interns are solely responsible for obtaining any required visas.
Interns must pass a criminal background check and sign a waiver and release of liability.
- Full Address 2031 Lowery Road, Morganton, GA 30560
- Job Street Address 2031 Lowery Road
- City Morganton