About the Role:
As a IPM Scout at AppHarvest you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by monitoring and scouting for pest and disease in the greenhouse and distribution of bios according to the IPM Manager
Updated resume with documented work history REQUIRED!
What You’ll Do:
- Daily monitoring and scouting of pest and disease in the Greenhouse.
- Be able to do an early detection and identification of pests and diseases.
- Maintain insect traps in designated areas of the greenhouse and do weekly trap counts of insects.
- Proper management and distribution of bios (live insects or mites) according with instructions of the IPM Manager. Follow IPM protocols of pest and disease management.
- Compiling IPM and conventional reports for management review.
- Verification of pest and disease infestation trend.
- Fertilizer preparation. Water sampling.
- Variety recording and verification of data.
- Ensure cleanliness, adherence to all food safety policies and procedures and organization within the greenhouse.
What We’re Looking For:
- Previous experience in greenhouse or produce environment preferred.
- Be willing to learn. Training will be provided on pests and disease identification.
- Basic knowledge on insects, and pests is beneficial.
- Pest & disease identification skills.
- Good verbal and written communication. Spanish is an asset.
- Must be honest and forthcoming, flexible, reliable, respectful to others, and passionate.
- Ability to work extra hours as needed to complete the scout and bio program of the week. 6 days per week in season.
Working conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Must be comfortable working in temperatures ranging between 80-100 degrees
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 15 feet
- Ability to stand for a full 8-hour shift on concrete floors
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and bend
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be comfortable working near moving mechanical parts
- City Somerset