The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
AeroFarms is seeking an IT End User Specialist to help at our Newark, NJ facilities!
The End-User Support Specialist will report to the Sr. IT Support Engineer within AeroFarms IT. This job will require quick thinking, flexibility, exceptional interpersonal skills, calm demeanor, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment. You will work across a broad range of technologies and coordinate across multiple areas of the business supporting incidents, problems, and requests. You will interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Manage helpdesk queue and respond to technical support requests via JIRA
- Support employees’ need with empathy, patience, and excellent communication skills
- Resolve IT issues in a thorough manner or escalate to the corresponding IT Team members
- Take ownership of user inquiries and follow up the status of inquiries on behalf of the user while communicating progress in a timely manner
- Assist with testing of internal IT developed applications and report bugs
- Work at the direction of the Sr. IT Support Engineer
- Maintain system functionality by testing computer components
- Prepare reference material for users by drafting instructions and knowledge articles
- Work is expected to be in-person and will need to able to travel across our 3 office locations all located within Newark, NJ
- 2 Years of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Windows Desktop 10
- Occasionally work past scheduled work hours to complete tasks
- Ability to participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Reliable & punctual
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark