The Sr. Technical Analyst is a new, challenging, and dynamic role in our organization. Reporting to the Director, IT you will focus on the development and support of enterprise-wide reporting and dashboards using data collected from multiple data sources and housed in a Microsoft SQL Server database; it may also include the design, development, installation, implementation, modification, and support of new or existing applications.
There is potential for a wide variety of responsibilities including developing application and database architecture, design, writing code, validating data acquisition, output media/formats, designing user interfaces, developing, and maintaining websites. You may also work with users to test, debug, and troubleshoot applications, while assuring software and systems quality and functionality. You will write and maintain program documentation while ensuring the application of security assurance policies, principles, and practices.
Our ideal candidate will be a dynamic professional with at least seven years of hands-on experience and knowledge of data base and report development fundamentals using tools such as Power BI, SQL Server, coding languages such as C#, Java, Python, Microsoft .NET, etc.
What you’ll do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With direction from IT leadership, conduct requirement sessions with stakeholders regarding business and reporting needs
- Engage with the business stakeholder to interpret and analyze results, and provide feasible solutions
- Monitor and analyze operational data and reports to identify opportunities and improvement suggestions
- Conduct data analysis and effectively communicate and present results to stakeholders
- Create accurate business requirements definitions
- Design data warehouse flows and schemas based off analysis, including staging, fact, dimensions, cubes, and reporting models
- Create user and training documentation
- Create reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI or other business tools
- To support the Microsoft Power BI technical needs for our business
- Understand business requirements in BI context and design data models to transform raw data into meaningful insights
- Create other applications and functions
- Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives
- Works with users to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation
- Provides administrative and project support to the team as needed
- Participation in after-hours system related functions such as production support, conversions, upgrades, and implementations
- Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders and technology staff, including offshore personnel, to ensure that communication is open and ongoing
- Ensures compliance with IT Policy, Sarbanes-Oxley and SOC2 requirements
- Be able to quickly shape data into reporting and analytics solutions
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Chart creation and data documentation explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI reports and dashboards based on detailed analytics
- Perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI
- Analyze current ETL process, define and design new systems
- Data warehouse development and work with SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Redefine and make technical/strategic changes to enhance existing Business Intelligence systems
- SQL querying for best results, use of filters and graphs for better understanding of data
- Work with users and team members at all levels for performance improvement and suggestions
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years related experience, including the following
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and beyond
- Relational database experience, including Microsoft SQL Server
- Stored procedures, T-SQL, temp tables, transactions, database performance tuning
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise BI (SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Power BI);
- Data warehouse concepts and design patterns including star schema and snowflake database design, ETL processing
- Enterprise report building and delivery, Microsoft Power BI preferred;
- Knowledge of data analytics;
- Knowledge of BI tools and decision support concepts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office;
While the above are requirements of the role, preferred experience includes
- Understanding of systems development and project delivery life cycles
- Formal project management training or certification
- Understanding of budgeting and financial management processes
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and Project
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements, SOC2
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time regular position based out of our headquarters in . Work may be remote for the right candidate, and this role may require occasional travel
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the worlds first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Sciences 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Companys World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- For more information on JUST Egg, visit https://ju.st.
- For more information on GOOD Meat, visit http://goodmeat.co.
- Full Address 2000 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA
- Job Street Address 2000 Folsom St
- City San Francisco
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office