Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Indigo Ag is expanding its Biological product offering by forming strategic relationships with indirect channel partners. The Key Account Manager, Biologicals position focuses on the development and account management of key agricultural input distributors across the United States. The KAM will be responsible for identifying appropriate channel partners, signing a partnership agreement, and the ongoing management of these accounts to foster a strong business relationship and increase sales.
- Engage with assigned accounts to identify and expand strategic partnerships
- Develop deep relationships throughout the indirect channel network and become a trusted resource for all Indigo Microbial offerings
- Set and meet customer expectations for fast responses to all questions within the same day they are asked
- Assist channel partners in benefitting from additional services of Indigo’s business offerings as needed to grow revenue
- Provide ongoing training and support for Indigo products sold through channel partnerships
- Needs based approach for identifying resources required to support business development for the partner
- Coordinate with internal Indigo teams to provide support and solutions as needed
- Identify, develop, and execute strategic targets for Indigo Channel Partnerships
- Maintain relationships with all assigned retail partner accounts
- Provide technical training of products sold through channel partnerships
- Serve as point of contact between channel partners and other functions of the Indigo Organization
- Effectively communicate market opportunities and obstacles to management team
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity – doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Ideal candidate is an individual with a hunter mentality that actively pursue/create new leads and has a consultative sales approach. Find the need, present the solution.
- Up to the challenge of Indigo’s startup environment; embraces ambiguity and a fast-pace environment
- Excellent communicator, able to quickly build trust and rapport with all stakeholders in Indigo ecosystem
- Has the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal business units to create solutions for issues and promote growth initiatives.
- Sales oriented; able to follow and contribute to the sales process to close partnership agreements.
- Self-starter, not a person who requires much supervision and direction. Able to recognize an opportunity and pursue it.
- Comfortable with modern software tools and Indigo’s tech offering (Salesforce, etc.)
- High technology acumen and understanding
- Ability to coordinate complex sales strategies and tactical field approach with a diverse and remote team.
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing company/project/initiative
- Entrepreneurial in spirit
- Optimistic and innovative, solution oriented
- Team player
- Owns mistakes, conducts themselves honestly
- Consultative selling approach and collaborative team member with the ability to work independently
- Ability to prepare internal and external sales presentations
- Ability to research new ideas, potential new markets, and help build out future programs
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms and performance expectations through the lifecycle of the relationship
- Demonstrated track record of high sales performance in the ag retail space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in ag, agronomy or economics)
- 5 years of experience selling product/services to wide breadth of ag retail organization size & structures.
- Demonstrated past of negotiating contractual relationships and commercial terms with vendors/suppliers
- Existing relationships and a strong book of business in the ag retail space is a plus.
- Agronomy experience is a plus
- Technical experience and familiarity with CRM system preferred (Salesforce)
- Experience managing and developing sales relationships within the ag-retail space
- Previous marketing and sales strategy experience specific to ag inputs
- 50% Regional Travel to be expected
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
- City Remote
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office
- Area Where Applicant Must Live for Remote Job