We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
Indigo Ag is expanding its US Carbon product offering by forming strategic relationships with channel partners. The Key Account Manager, Carbon, position focuses on the development and account management of key retailer partners. The KAM will be responsible for working with identified channel partners, ramping partners, and the ongoing retention/management of these accounts to foster a strong business relationship and increase Carbon program participation from enrollment to credit generation
- Engage with assigned accounts to identify and expand strategic partnerships
- Develop deep relationships with assigned channel partner account and become a trusted resource for Indigo Carbon
- Support channel partner by utilizing the Indigo staff (local resources, agronomic support, tech support, etc) and directing resources appropriately based on prioritized partner requests
- Manage all Carbon communications with partners and set up a regular cadence of business reviews based on mutually agreed upon goals/KPIs
- Provide ongoing training and support for Indigo products sold through channel partnerships
- Needs-based approach for identifying resources required to support business development for the partner
- Responsible for driving account goals, including grower enrollment and credit generation
- Ensure partner is properly enabled and positioned to expand Indigo’s Carbon program
- Ensure partner onboarded grower accounts are supported by Indigo teams and on track to meet retention goals
- Maintain relationships with all assigned retail partner accounts
- Provide and/or source technical training of products sold through channel partnerships
- Serve as point of contact between channel partners and other functions of the Indigo Organization
- Manage and document all customer communications and opportunities in Salesforce
- Effectively communicate market opportunities and obstacles to management team
- Structure a consistent feedback process to ensure partner successes & challenges are communicated back to Indigo appropriately
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity – doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- An ideal candidate is an individual with a farmer mentality that takes a consultative approach to account management, finds needs, presents solutions, and iterates over time to maximize partner success
- Up to the challenge of Indigo’s startup environment; embraces ambiguity and a fast-pace environment
- Excellent communicator, able to quickly build trust and rapport with all stakeholders in Indigo ecosystem
- Has the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal business units to create solutions for issues and promote growth initiatives.
- Growth-oriented; able to follow an account management process to grow and develop the account
- Self-starter, not a person who requires much supervision and direction. Able to recognize an opportunity and pursue it.
- Comfortable with modern software tools and Indigo’s tech offering (Salesforce, etc.)
- High technology acumen and understanding
- Ability to coordinate complex sales strategies and tactical field approach with a diverse and remote team.
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing company/project/initiative
- Entrepreneurial in spirit
- Optimistic and innovative, solution oriented
- Team player
- Owns mistakes, conducts themselves honestly
- Consultative selling approach and collaborative team member with the ability to work independently
- Ability to prepare internal and external sales presentations
- Ability to research new ideas, potential new markets, and help build out future programs
- Ability to negotiate commercial terms and performance expectations through the lifecycle of the relationship
- Demonstrated track record of high sales performance in the ag retail space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in ag, agronomy or economics)
- 5 years of experience selling product/services to wide breadth of ag retail organization size & structures.
- Demonstrated past of negotiating contractual relationships and commercial terms with vendors/suppliers
- Existing relationships and a strong book of business in the ag retail space is a plus.
- Agronomy experience is a plus
- Technical experience and familiarity with CRM system preferred (Salesforce)
- Midwest location preferred
- Experience managing and developing sales relationships within the ag-retail space
- Previous marketing and sales strategy experience specific to ag inputs
- 50% Regional Travel to be expected
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
- City Remote
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office
- Area Where Applicant Must Live for Remote Job