Culture Biosciences has innovated the first and industry’s only cloud bioreactor facility enabling companies to get critical experimental data faster, at their fingertips, and therefore progressing the development of sustainable materials, biotherapeutics, and more. Our teams combine their passion within science, engineering, software, and design to foster an environment of strong innovation by encouraging learning, development, problem solving, and teamwork. At Culture Biosciences we value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus, and a drive for results.
Here's a video that explains the process.
Culture Biosciences is hiring for multiple Lab Technicians to support our lab operations, prepare media and run assay testing on client samples. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the inner workings of our cloud lab environment, gain valuable experience with operations, media prep, and wet lab skills. We’re motivated to hire those who are eager to learn and excited by the technology we have developed.
What you’ll do:
- Perform and update preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment as needed.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment including but not limited to autoclave, Cedex, YSI, spectrophotometer, microscope, pH meter, densitometer, and analytical scales.
- Follow 6s principles to ensure lab operations are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Document your work consistently using appropriate data collection tools.
- Receive incoming shipments, unload, and verify contents. May package and ship samples.
- Track and prepare laboratory inventory & equipment needed for experiments, for example labeling and organizing sample containers.
- May prepare media per guidelines following established protocols and SOPs.
- May assist in executing customer experiments by processing biological samples. Including but not limited to wet cell weight, CFU plating, microscopy and use of analytical machines.
- Support laboratory safety via executing waste management and supporting PPE protocols.
- Minimum H.S. Diploma with 4+ years wet lab experience or Associates/Bachelors degree with 0 year wet lab experience (academic lab experience will be considered).
- Any experience with the following: aseptic technique, microscope usage, dilutions, media prep, culturing cells, and plating of cells is preferred but not required.
- Some experience with lab equipment such as; autoclaves, pH meter, Spectrophotometer, or pipettes (preferred but not required).
- You’re detail oriented, organized, dependable, and excited to work in a cutting-edge bioreactor laboratory.
- You enjoy collaborating with teammates to improve operating procedures and best practices.
- Proficiency in Google Applications (Gmail, Documents, Spreadsheets) and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
Location & Schedule:
This is an on-site role in our South San Francisco facility. Candidates must be able to work at least one of the shifts listed below. Occasional overtime may occur.
- Sunday to Thursday (morning shift: 9:00am to 5:00pm)
- Tuesday to Saturday (morning shift: 9:00am to 5:00pm)
- Sunday to Thursday (afternoon shift: 2:00pm to 10:00pm)
- Tuesday to Saturday (afternoon shift: 2:00pm to 10:00pm)
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
- City South San Francisco