Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies for engineering microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized individual for a position that will specialize in laboratory operations.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Preparing and maintaining stocks of common media and reagents including agar plates
- Cleaning and sterilizing glassware and other reusable components
- Receiving/storing shipments and maintaining proper documentation of receipt
- General lab maintenance and organization to ensure a clean working environment
- Maintaining written documentation/SOPs for preparation or maintenance of supplies
- Assisting with other duties as assigned by the lab management team
- Maintain stellar lab organization to ensure operational excellence within the R&D team
- Pursuit of a B.S. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or similar discipline.
- Experience with lab related techniques such as weighing, volume measurements, and pipetting.
- Experience autoclaving and media preparation.
Preferred Working Style:
- Must be extremely organized and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask questions and seek clarity.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Must be an excellent, collaborative team member with strong communication skills
- Must hold themselves to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards.
Job Type: Part Time
Employee Status: Intern
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA
- Job Street Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300
- City Cambridge