Ready to join the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition team?
Factory Farming Awareness Coalition educates and empowers individuals and communities to support just and sustainable food systems. If you are passionate about our mission, want to make a difference for animals, the planet, and the people who work in and are impacted by factory farming, join us!
From social justice to public health to sustainability, factory farming is one of the most serious issues facing the planet.
By educating young people and stakeholder audiences about the realities of factory farming, FFAC works to build both a consumer base for a sustainable, compassionate food system and an informed citizenry that supports cultural and legislative change.
About the Position:
FFAC is seeking a program manager or director (depending on experience and qualifications) to oversee FFAC’s new Leadership Collective. Because this is a new program, this role will be responsible for helping develop and implement the program. You will work in conjunction with our Advocacy Institute to support high school and college Advocacy Institute graduates in their careers, keep them engaged in the movement, and provide further effective advocacy training.
The job will be full-time and remote.
We are seeking candidates who are:
- Experienced in developing programs, and leadership programs in particular
- Able to set and implement longterm goals
- Experienced working direcctly with and mentoring/teaching youth, particularly high school- and college-aged students
- Organized, detail oriented, and excellent at meeting deadlines
- Experienced at managing and supporting a team
- Comfortable developing multidisciplinary curricula
- Knowledgeable about factory farming and the food system
- Passionate about social justice as well as animal and environmental protection, is aligned with vegan values
- Effective at building connections with outside organizations and establish collaborations
- Willing to meet people where they are and promote gradual dietary change
- Conversant in workplace technology such as Google Workspace, Trello, AirTable
- Highly motivated, with high level of self-sufficiency
- Able and willing to work remotely
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and oral, with a strong grasp of English grammar and punctuation
- For manager role
- At least two years developing and implementing programming
- Demonstrated ability to network and support others in networking
- Some curriculum development experience
- Some experience with administration and management of co-workers
- For director role
- At least five years developing and implementing programming
- Demonstrated ability to network and support others in networking on director/executive level
- At least five years curriculum development experience
- At least two years experience with administration and management of co-workers
Compensation and benefits:
- Starting annual salary of $46,000 – $62,000 (for manager)/$58,000 – $68,000 (for director), depending on qualifications
- In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including
- Health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (with a mandatory two week minimum)
- Eleven paid federal holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Budget for continuing education and conferences
- Phone, internet, and computer reimbursement
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each resume and cover letter. We encourage you to state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization. We envision a team that not only reflects the demographics of our country but also continues to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our audiences. We strongly encourage people of the global majority especially Black and Indigenous folks, LGBTQIA+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, women, non-binary individuals, and people of various socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com.
- Full Address 1569 Solano Ave #518, Berkeley, CA
- Job Street Address 1569 Solano Ave #518,
- City Berkeley