We are looking for an ambitious, commercially focused attorney to join our small, but mighty in-house legal team, reporting directly to our General Counsel. You will serve as a primary attorney to the People team and across the business for general commercial contracts as we expand our business, grow globally and introduce new products.
You will be comfortable working autonomously, learning new things, and making pragmatic decisions in a fast-paced environment. This is a challenging role with plenty of opportunity in an exciting hyper-growth environment.
Our ideal candidate will have a Juris Doctorate from an accredited U.S. law school with substantial knowledge and experience in counseling a wide range of functions and reviewing and negotiating a wide range of supply chain agreements.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the People Team and also to the broader teams for commercial agreements on legal and compliance issues as we expand our business, grow globally, and expand into new markets;
- Develop and implement employment-related forms, policies, processes, and training that allow for scale and optionality, both in the US and internationally
- Support the company’s corporate activities, including due diligence and integration work for acquisitions, and launching operations in new countries
- Advise and assist the People team with investigations, terminations, and other employment-related matters
- Advise on a wide variety of commercial matters, including vendor agreements, software licenses, supply agreements for goods and services, and business partnership agreements
- You will draft and negotiate commercial agreements, implement best practices and documentation, develop strategic business relationships with vendors, and work collaboratively across the organization
- Proactively develop and drive strategic projects and initiatives aimed at improving efficiency and effectiveness of legal services and proactive risk management, including through new templates, trainings, and processes, and contract standardization/automation initiatives
- Provide risk assessments and creative commercial solutions to support business objectives
- Effectively identify legal and compliance issues and business risks and escalate appropriately
- Partner and collaborate with other members of the legal team and cross-functional members be an overall team player first
- Have the opportunity to play a critical role in the success of a disruptive company changing the future of food.
What you’ll bring
- A Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school and strong preference for membership in good standing with California State Bar
- 8+ years of combined relevant experience in-house counsel preferred; substantial experience focused on reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements
- High level of professionalism; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work effectively across our diverse organization
- A strong business acumen with the ability draft, review, analyze and negotiate complex contracts
- You are agile and flexible with the ability to organize, prioritize and manage projects effectively in a rapidly changing and pivoting environment; overall ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a team player and tenacious, gritty self-starter willing to role-up your sleeves and take on any task, no matter how small or big
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgement; ability to maintain strict confidentiality and sensitive information
- Ability to pass a standard background check.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created America’s fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Entrepreneur’s “100 Brilliant Companies,” CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science’s “100 Greatest Innovations” and Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address 300 Wind River Way
- City Alameda