The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
AeroFarms is seeking a Logistics Associate to help with our New Farm Operations!
AeroFarms is really excited to be opening a new facility (The Largest Vertical Farm in the world), in Danville Virginia. This role will help set up the route planning and logistics planning ahead of the operation ramp up. In this position, you will coordinate product shipping and distribution by working on existing logistics systems and directing daily operations. You will help manage purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, and/or customer service. There is an emphasis on DOT regulations, working with 3rd party logistics providers (cold chain). We are always aiming for 100% on time and in full deliveries, but you will need to be agile given the nature of logistics and the issues that can arise (you have to be a problem solver).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Order, track, and report inventory and deliveries
- Map out routes and lane planning for new facility opening
- Ensure compliance with all DOT requirements
- Help write new SOP’s and develop new processes
- Work with Operations, Horticulture, Shipping & Receiving, FSQA etc
- Manage warehouse inventory
- Respond to shipping complaints, issues with deliveries, demand planning etc.
- Coordinate all shipments for new farm:
- Follow schedules of product distribution
- Work with carrier and third-party services
- Document invoices and payment postings
- Correspond with customers; report client requests
- Assist logistics coordinator, warehouse specialists, and other team members when needed to meet schedule and order requirements.
- Ensure shipping carrier requirements and regulations are met
- Notify customers if shipments are delayed,
- Track shipments details, locations, ETAs
- Communicate with carriers regarding service levels
- Update shipping system with rates, surcharges, and service standards
- Work with managers and team members to implement new strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes
- Update service-level reports and provide analysis on findings
- Inform management of ongoing performance issues
Logistics Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, transportation, logistics, business, or related field
- 1-5 years previous experience; experience in industry procedures, costs, and terms
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-30 pounds
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – We are a 200+ company, we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark
- Experience Level Mid-Level