Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have a Machine Operator position open at our Hamilton, Montana facility.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and adjusting, or changes as necessary to maintain quality specification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops.
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials.
- Housekeeping and sanitation of area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Basic knowledge of the English language, including being able to read, speak, and write to include understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Knowledge of safe equipment and machinery operations and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their operation, uses, and maintenance.
- Ability to adjust the controls of a machine or a process quickly and repeatedly to exact positions.
- Ability to convey information effectively to others.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina and strength
- Work independently
- Ability to Multitask
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months related experience or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and environments both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability to time movements in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- City Hamilton