We are seeking a Maintenance Manager to become a part of our team! You will manage and direct our Maintenance Department to ensure safe, efficient, and effective manufacturing of high-quality food products. The maintenance manager will report directly to the plant manager and will oversee the maintenance of industrial production equipment in a food manufacturing facility in a manner that meets company standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing a team of industrial maintenance technicians. Together, they will manage equipment, utility, and facility maintenance; reliability and improvement of production equipment and adapt to changes in organization or technology.
The maintenance manager will be responsible for the Maintenance budget that will guarantee the manufacturing site is safely and properly functioning while improving overall performance. Establishes and manages preventive and predictive maintenance programs and procedures, spare parts organization, and oversees technicians supporting needs of the production team running 24×7. Develops, coordinates and improves training programs to ensure proper operation, preventive maintenance, repair programs and procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate a team of Industrial Maintenance Technicians to ensure the highest level of associate performance and morale; ensure associates are properly trained and certified in required job skills.
- Develop short and long-term plans for department staffing and provide on-going technical training within department including safety and environmental training; create and lead skill development plans for the department.
- Document and administer performance reviews for team.
- Develop and maintain Total Productive Maintenance System in a Continuous Improvement System:
- PM, Corrective, Predictive, & Conditional Based Maintenance
- Work Order Systems utilizing a Computerized Maintenance Management System (Fixx)
- Drive Root Cause Analysis and define corrective actions to equipment, system failures or underperforming.
- Analyze OEE tracking to identify gaps and opportunities to achieve production goals.
- Ensure factory production equipment operate at optimum efficiency at all times by implementing and managing effective planning, PM programs, and Energy Sustainability program.
- Manage overall Maintenance Budget for the production site, including maintenance labor and overtime, contractors and service expenses and spare parts storage and consumption.
- Accountable for the timely completion of all projects within budget and with minimum disruptions to the production operation while following all safety requirements, food safety requirements, and GMP in a food manufacturing plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science – Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of Industrial Manufacturing Maintenance experience with 5+ years in a supervisory position
- Experience hiring, developing, and managing a new/or growing team
- High pressure boiler license preferred
- Food processing and dryer experience a plus
- Experience in a growing, evolving, and dynamic environment preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Blueprint, schematics, PFD and PID reading
- Scheduling and spare parts organization
- Computerized Maintenance Management System implementation (Fixx or similar)
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Preferred electrical experience, general manufacturing practices and hazmat
Additional Information & Requirements
“Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.”
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created America’s fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Entrepreneur’s “100 Brilliant Companies,” CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science’s “100 Greatest Innovations” and Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address Appleton, MN
- City Appleton