The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Maintenance Technician for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, Texas. The sanctuary provides a permanent home to more than 800 domestic and exotic animals, with over 40 species. In this position you will provide overall proper maintenance to vehicles, tractors, heavy equipment, and all internal roads, as well as completing repairs and upgrades to equipment, buildings, and site infrastructure. You will maintain and install information technology equipment at CABBR and assist in network maintenance and repair of technology equipment through internal requests.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing routine maintenance and repairs for tools, vehicles, tractors, and equipment at Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch;
- Assisting with the upkeep, and repair of enclosures, habitats, roads, and buildings;
- Assisting with the execution of construction and renovation projects;
- Maintaining inventory of plumbing, electrical, and vehicle maintenance supplies;
- Maintaining records of vehicle inspections and registrations;
- Keeping logs to document in-progress and completed maintenance;
- Performing burial of small and large animals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- One (1) year of experience in facilities maintenance preferred;
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, including skid steer, backhoe, and tractors;
- A valid driver’s license is required and a clean driving record is strongly preferred, with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record while employed;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This position is located in Murchison, TX.
**The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
- Full Address 12526 Co Rd 3806, Murchison, TX
- Job Street Address 12526 Co Rd 3806
- City Murchison