Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is currently searching for a Manager, Accounts Payable. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this position manages and directs the accounts payable function for WHOI. This role is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all Accounts Payable (AP) processes, accuracy and timeliness of data processing, and issuance of payments. This individual must understand and be able to leverage the ERP system as it applies to AP as well as the interfaces with other systems. This position requires strong collaboration across the Institution and provides daily leadership to the accounts payable team.
Requires minimal direction; independent judgment and discretion exercised; unusual and/or unprecedented situations may be referred to senior colleagues for counsel and/or action.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position and is eligible for full benefits.
- Supervise, mentor, and provide direction to the Accounts Payable staff
- Perform day-to-day operations of accounts payable to include:
- Oversee central email inbox for incoming vendor invoices & distribution of same for processing
- Daily research on invoice questions for vendors and/or WHOI community alike.
- Monitor weekly Invoices in progress report.
- Weekly review AP Bank Recon Register from check run.
- Oversee the WHOI Credit Card Program which include system expense reporting (current system – UnaNet) and credit card payment net platforms. Anticipate the Institution’s needs and requirements by keeping abreast of the travel and credit card trends and developments with a commitment to customer service to support both science and administration. Ensure team cross-training and act as a general resource for all users of Accounts Payable, travel and credit card services.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly AP-GLadjusting journals as needed.
- Review monthly purchase accrual and cut-offs.
- Assist in annual Financial Statement Audit with specific responsibility for year-end cut off accruals.
- Ensure Audit compliance, utilizing available tools to streamline processes with technology and updating website with current processes/procedures.
- Maintain partnerships between external vendors by negotiating agreements with appropriate sources of travel and credit card services for the Institution.
- Assist with development and dissemination of policies and procedures. Measure the effectiveness of operations, including customer satisfaction, and proposed methods for continuous improvement through internal and external periodic feedback.
- Provide continuing education to the WHOI community with the most current policies and procedures which at times requires presenting to a group.
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service working as part of the team to support both science and administration.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a related field.
- At least five (5) years with Procure-to-Pay applications and management/administrative experience.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, report writing and experience in financial systems.
- Participation with systems implementations/upgrades and audit compliance.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and experience working with all other MS Office programs; must have demonstrated spreadsheet and database skills.
- Ability to provide oversight, direction, and leadership to the team, and coordinates its actions with other teams within the Finance and Accounting Department and within the WHOI community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Physical tasks include mostly sedentary with occasional prolonged standing/walking; use of hands for basic grasping and manipulation, and repetitive motion. Other occupational requirements include talking, working around others, and with others. Physical duties are subject to change.
- Full Address 86 Water St, Woods Hole, MA
- Job Street Address 86 Water St
- City Woods Hole