San Francisco, CA | Marketing Team | Reports to Chief Brand Officer
COVID-19: Allbirds requires all US-based Corporate employees who enter an Allbirds-owned or operated Corporate facility to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or valid medical reasons.
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials – designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
We have all the makings of a world-class brand – beautifully designed products that exceed customer expectations, a genuine origin story, passionate founders, product innovation rooted in the use of natural materials, and a loyal group of evangelists who believe in our mission.
As we tackle big plans for 2022 and beyond, we’re looking for a hands-on public relations professional to help convey our brand story.
What does the job entail?
- Support press plans and strategy development for product introductions, events and news moments
- Assist CBO with daily operations and communications with external agencies
- Manage sample orders and trafficking with media and external agencies
- Oversee speaking opportunities for senior leadership, coordinating with executive assistant to ensure all preparation is completed
- Work with CBO to draft press materials including releases, briefings, quotes and interviews
- Manage inbound press inbox and ensure opportunities are sorted to appropriate teams
- Perform daily audits of media outlets for brand coverage and surface as necessary
- Help organize and execute a range of editor events
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and edit press releases, executive Q&A’s, media alerts, etc.
- 2-3 years of professional PR experience
- Experience pitching media across broadcast, print and online
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; a growing network in the editorial world
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Mental Health and Financial Wellness Benefits
- 401k employer match
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
- City San Francisco