Culture Biosciences has built the first cloud bioreactor facility. Customers use our platform to develop new bio-synthesized therapeutics, sustainable foods and sustainable agricultural products. At Culture we combine our passions for engineering and operations to develop and scale our unique technology. We value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus and a drive for results.
To learn more about our product, check out this short explainer video.
Culture Biosciences is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Your focus will be on leading the effort to scale up Culture’s hardware production and drive high quality standards to ensure our hardware meets customer expectations.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead a team of manufacturing and process engineering specialists and associates.
- Develop manufacturing plans and strategies for new products that meet product launch roadmap and schedule.
- Drive DFX changes that improve product quality, manufacturability, serviceability, reduce cost and time to market.
- Oversee product lifecycle management and change management with hardware R&D, production and other supply chain functional groups.
- Manage and work with major and critical suppliers to design, implement and scale new bioreactor production lines and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate and incorporate new manufacturing technologies and methods, and supply chain strategy to improve current bioreactor design and production processes
Projects on our horizon:
- Implement PLM system and NPI process
- Implement Quality Assurance Plan
- Lean Manufacturing
- B.S. in Business or STEM disciplines with 5+ of hardware manufacturing/engineering experience in life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or diagnostic manufacturing
- 2+ years experience managing and supervising a technical team
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma strongly preferred
- Experience with manufacturing-related business systems, like ERP, MES and PLM
- Experience in working with local and overseas contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and experience communicating with diverse technical and business audiences.
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
Location & Schedule:
- This is an onsite position. We’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco at least 5 days per week.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
- City South San Francisco