AeroFarms is seeking Business Development Interns! Are you a data-guru who enjoys working with systems and taking the lead with projects? Or maybe you enjoy research and identifying new paths for growth and improvement? This an opportunity to partner closely with our Business Development team in a growing ag-technology company. We are seeking two interns who are available to start in Early June and work with us through August 2022.
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPX7ZS0wqWI]
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
The Harvesting Technician will be responsible for:
- Label/Sort out leafy greens into appropriate containers using the specifications and standards as defined by quality.
- Sorting through products to get the best quality or decide if poorer quality needs to be reviewed by the Quality Team.
- Operating scale and metal detector daily to obtain proper weights.
- Operating Harvester and Drying tunnel efficiently.
- Putting and pulling flats from the harvester.
- Transferring product from drying product to appropriate bins
- Adjusting blade height to get the appropriate quality for products.
- Distinguishing between different leafy green products and raw materials.
- Tracking quality losses and input into computer at EOD.
- All other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience in food production helpful.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic English (required).
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (<40F) for long periods.
- Availability to work weekends is a must.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive electric forklift/pallet jack after training.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must have time management skills to meet certain deadlines for shipping.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Ability to use scales and computers.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address Danville, VA
- Job Street Address Danville
- City Danville