The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and for people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some very impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
In this position, you will play a primary role in the design, equipment specifications, computer-aided design, detailing, creating line layouts, troubleshooting, design, functionality, project management, and improvement of our fully-controlled farming systems and supporting equipment.
- Design, development, modification, and implementation of equipment and processes to aid in the farming systems.
- Lead assigned products through communication and collaboration by working closely with cross-functional teams with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with various departments.
- Establishing and executing design criteria with all stakeholders.
- Transfer technology from Engineering to Operations to ensure new systems perform as designed and meets all performance targets.
- Establish FAT requirements for equipment and systems, attends FAT testing, and approves equipment for delivery to the project site.
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Manage BOM creation and communication with purchasing teams through procurement.
- Manage and track estimated costs of equipment and assembly to ensure alignment with project budgets
- Hands-on support for new and existing equipment and processes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new engineering processes.
- Ensure current safety regulations are adhered to for all equipment used in manufacturing.
- Submit and track Purchase Orders to align with project deadlines.
- Travel required.
- DFM, FEA, GD&T
- Experience with process/equipment validation, documentation, and execution – IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Proven track record of delivery on projects involving equipment design, procurement, integration, and commissioning for food operations.
- Hands-on mechanical experience and the ability to troubleshoot complex mechanical equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to the process.
- Knowledge of PLC controlled systems and ladder logic.
- Strong understanding of food package functionality and interrelationship with packaging equipment and processes.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams in the food industry.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and FDA requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in and manage work associated with multiple projects across various disciplines.
- Demonstrates creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication skills needed both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with automation equipment, structural components, control systems, plumbing, and electrical components.
- 5+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer in automation, food processing, and packaging environment with an emphasis on machine design.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience (PM certificate a plus).
- B.S. degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or related engineering
- Proficient in SolidWorks 2018 and above.
- Advanced PC skills, including AutoCAD, MS Project, Word, and Excel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards), and stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark