Nature’s Fynd is a groundbreaking food tech company born out of NASA-supported research on extremophiles in the geothermal pools of Yellowstone National Park. Our novel fermentation technology produces a sustainable source of complete protein using only a fraction of the resources required by traditional agriculture. As the challenge to feed the world’s expanding population grows, our mission is to create amazing foods and materials that provide sustainable choices and nurture the planet.
We’re looking for passionate, driven, and ambitious people to join our fast-growing team.
The Microbiologist II is responsible for completing lab work for the Fy manufacturing site. This role will work second shift to support sanitation tasks. This role must comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and local/federal regulations.
· Responsible for performing ATP swabs and line release post sanitation
· Support inventory management of chemicals and necessary supplies
· Prepare and analyze health and viability of all cultures
· Execute all environmental swabbing as deemed necessary by Microbiology supervisor
· Assist and advise media room operations staff on aseptic technique best practices
· Advise production when any possible contamination is detected, helping to identify best practices for eliminating and preventing further contamination events in the plant to maximize fermentation quality/uptime.
· Follow the advice and leadership of supervisor to accomplish any needed or requested tasks
· Plating and analysis of petrifilm and agar plates
· Assist with experiments for engineering teams
· Data analysis trending and tracking
· Monitor and notify appropriate team about cleanliness of the facility
· Use proper aseptic technique to prepare inoculum
· Assistance with day to day operations in the microbiology laboratory and production
· Follow SOPs and GMPs
· Complete and review paperwork as necessary
· Highly skilled in microbiological techniques such as aseptic technique
· Ability to work weekends as needed
· Well-organized and attention to detail
· Emphasis on personal accountability and transparency
· Three (3) years of experience in a GMP food production environment
· Three (3) years of experience in a lab environment preferred
· Two (2) year off fermentation experience preferred
· Ability to wear PPE (personal protection equipment) – required and provided
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures or humidity conditions
· High integrity and accountability