Are you wanting to make a difference every day, for people’s health, animals, and the planet — working with a passionate vegan team? 💚
We’re looking for a highly motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented fellow vegan to join us in our Tempe, AZ office. 🌞
As our team’s Office & Personnel Administrator, you’ll be helping company leaders build team culture and executing important administrative duties & personnel tasks (aka HR, though we don’t think or speak of fellow humans as “resources”).
You’ll be working with the company’s leaders & managers, so this is an opportunity to learn a lot about business quickly, in the fast-paced environment of a growing, mission-driven company. We support self-education and deliberate career planning & development, and for someone with integrity, intelligence, and energy, there are few limits to how quickly you can take on more responsibility, learn more skills, and reap the rewards thereof.
Who we are: LeafSide is a fast growing company, offering innovative 100% whole-food plant-based (WFPB) meal packs. Our mission is to make healthy, nutritionally-optimal, whole-food plant-based eating so easy and enjoyable, that it becomes a societal norm. ✅
Salary & Benefits
- This is a non-customer-facing, full-time role, Monday through Friday, 40 to 45 hours/week.
- We offer a base starting pay of $42,000 per year, or higher depending on experience and qualifications. Further pay increases and responsibilities will be offered based on performance, your skills development, and your initiative and drive — and for great performance, reviews and raises will come quickly.
- Total Time Off per year starts at over 3 weeks (5 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 7 vacation days),with sick and PTO time usable interchangeably, and accrued per fully employed pay period.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans are offered, with full or partial coverage by the company depending on the plan chosen.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 100% covered by company, provides 24/7 access to confidential emotional and psychological support services (access to clinicians with master’s level training), work-life solutions counseling, and even issues like assistance with financial and legal advice.
- Monthly team events: i.e. volunteering at local animal sanctuaries, community gardens; pizza parties; birthday treats.
- Complimentary LeafSide meals (a $2,500+ yearly value), and employee discount on LeafSide products. Unlike most food companies, we eat our own products every day, and high quality food drives us to perform our best!
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an office or personnel administrator, with increasing responsibilities and progression in the roles you’ve filled.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and you’re considered engaging, empathetic, clear, and assertive in your words. You pair that with strong listening skills so that everyone you deal with feels heard and understood. Formal training in negotiation skills is a bonus.
- Organization Skills: You are highly reliable and organized with your time & attention, and with both paper and online documents. Your personal life & work systems are well honed, and you don’t miss or lose track of anything.
- Character & Interpersonal Skills, i.e. adjectives that apply to you include personable, professional, diplomatic, energetic, flexible, and trustworthy.
- Persistence: One of our company mottos is, “We shall either find a way, or make one” and we expect you to act that way too.
- Growth Mindset: You see problems and constructive feedback as opportunities to learn, improve, and exceed expectations. You welcome taking on new or unusual tasks, and enjoy learning and problem-solving as you boldly go where few have gone before. 🙂 This outlook and commitment is one of our team’s core values.
- IT Skills: You’ve used many forms of software, and quickly pick up new tools. You are more than proficient in Google Suite, e.g. creating well-organized Docs & doing calculations as needed with Sheets. Ideally you’re able to handle most common IT questions/issues independently, using search engines to quickly solve what’s already been solved before.
- Proactive Problem-solving: Ideally you are able to anticipate the needs of our staff, and regularly think ahead, avoiding and solving problems with care and resourcefulness — before they become major issues.
- You’re passionate about LeafSide’s mission, and committed to being a stellar example to others by living the vegan/WFPB lifestyle.
Office Management & Support
- Organizing mail, company documents & records, both physical and digital.
- Oversee office/facilities scheduled and unscheduled maintenance & repairs, contacting property management as needed.
- Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
- First-level technical support: Train and assist other staff with IT issues, escalating as necessary.
Employee Hiring, On-Boarding & Off-Boarding
- Review and screen job applications. Conduct initial video interviews for new job candidates.
- Perform general hiring workflow tasks within the company’s personnel system such as sending offer letters, updating employee profiles, creating and completing I-9 forms, leading new hires through documentation checks, etc.
- Culture-building: Organize and run employee recognition & support programs, to create a positive, energized team atmosphere. 🎉 Regular activities include birthday celebrations, organizing surveys, team-bonding events, and creating inspiring, ever-updated decor in the office.
- Follow a standard procedure to prepare payroll submissions.
- Work w/ support from relevant software vendors to resolve issues as needed.
Administrative Support & Research
- Perform various administrative support tasks as needed, e.g. finding and screening contractors, scanning and organizing documents, etc.
- Research answers independently; organize and present information and options to senior staff.
- Other special projects and missions as the need arises. 😎
Pssst…If you’ve read this far and want to stand out from the majority of candidates: Be sure to tell us very clearly where you are in your vegan journey, why you want to work with us, AND be sure to complete the assessments, so that your application is not left incomplete. : -)
Also, we use Indeed messaging for all initial communications. To be sure to receive important messages about interviews and on-site visits, turn on SMS alerts for Indeed, and/or for this particular job. Due to many applications, if we message you and don’t hear back, we’ll assume you’re no longer interested, which could be unfortunate if Indeed messages are just sitting in your junk email folder. Thanks!
- Salary Ranges DOE
- Full Address 7425 S Harl Ave, Suite 1, Tempe, AZ
- Job Street Address 7425 S Harl Ave, Suite 1
- City Tempe
- Experience Level Entry-Level
- Total Years of Experience 2+