Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
Plenty’s Operations team is currently seeking an Operations Coordinator intern to participate in our paid internship program. As an Operations Coordinator Intern, you will partner with Operations Coordinators to ensure the successful execution of projects related to active research trials. You will use project management tools and root cause analysis techniques to define, measure, and enable the execution of related projects. You’ll also foster deep relationships with many teams across Plenty, including Farm Operations, Engineering, Data and Program Management, to define objectives and share results.
- Understand why research lines are important to Farm Operations, Engineering, and the company as a whole and understand why your projects are critical to research success
- Understand research space functionality and understand how your projects relate to increasing space functionality
- Participate in focused sub-projects related to upcoming research plans or improving operations. Define project scope, budget, and resources. Obtain manager approval and provide regular reports as to project progress
- Understand where, how, when, and why all data from an experiment is produced and how data filters through Plenty’s data pipeline to preserve and communicate results
- Utilize a variety of data types to inform decisions for your projects and programs. Partner with the Data team to create reports and define data collection methods
- Conduct root cause analyses on successes and failures throughout your projects
- Identify areas for process improvement, using a variety of metrics and data points to demonstrate sustained improvement. Recommend necessary changes to drive continuous improvement
- Junior or Senior undergraduate level full-time student
- Education background in agriculture, plant science, business, operations management, project management, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Past experience in a research- or agriculture-oriented industry preferred but not required
- Introductory knowledge of Plant Science and/or Controlled Environment Agriculture preferred but not required
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods
Internship – 89 days
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
- City Laramie