About the Role:
As a Packhouse Manager at AppHarvest, you will join a team at the forefront of redefining sustainable agriculture by ensuring all Packhouse Team Members have the necessary tools to succeed, and lead the management of the packing operations in our state-of-the-art packing facility at Morehead, KY.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that Team Members have the necessary tools for their success
- Oversee all aspects of the packing operations process. including but not limited to team members safety, productivity, training, labor scheduling, product food safety, yield, and quality.
- Oversee actions to ensure Team Members Safety, including but not limited to Safety tailgate meetings, workplace Safety Hazard evaluations.
- Oversee Team Members productivity through monitoring of our KPI’s during the work shift, providing meaningful feedback to Supervisors and Leads to improve the overall results.
- Oversee training program implementation, supporting Supervisors and leads with the execution of the program sharing best practices with the rest of the team.
- Ensure that Finished Good product meets Customer, company, and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee product yield maximization through constantly collaborating with Supervisors, Leads and team members in the implementation of industry best practices.
- Implement change management when product specifications change, be able to make those adjustments quickly and smoothly to ensure we make the most of them, as well as help employees understand the reason for the change.
- Communicate with Labor manager and Supervisors on product availability, quality, and flow.
- Perform crop walks to analyze product volumes and make the necessary changes to meet production goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Industrial Engineer preferred or 7 years’ experience managing operations of 75 + team members.
- 5 plus years’ experience packing fresh produce.
- Hands on attitude required.
- Team building skills.
- MS Office suite intermediate level proficiency.
- Customer focus, problem solving and analytical skills highly preferred.
- Food Safety, HACCP knowledge a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work different shifts, extended shifts, nights and/or weekends.
- Hours are determined by the needs of a controlled-environment agriculture system.
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures (50oF to 99oF) and background noise approaching 70 decibels.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills and operate equipment.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
- Exerting force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly as part of lifting and moving product and equipment.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders.
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required.
- City Morehead