As a Packhouse Supervisor at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by ensuring that all Team Members have the necessary tools to succeed, you will supervise packing line operations in our state-of-the-art packing facility.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that leads and team members have the necessary tools for their success.
- Supervise all aspects of the packing operations process, including but not limited to, leads and team member safety, productivity, training, labor scheduling, product food safety, workplace safety hazard analysis, yield and quality.
- Oversee leads and team member productivity through monitoring of our KPI’s during the work shift, providing meaningful feedback to leads and team members to improve the overall results.
- Oversee training program implementation, supporting leads and team members with the execution of the program sharing best practices with the rest of the team.
- Ensure that finished good products meet customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee product yield maximization through constantly working with leads and team members in the implementation of industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, industrial engineering or 5+ years relative work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience managing operations of 50 + team members.
- 3+ years’ experience packing fresh produce.
- Hands on attitude required.
- Team building skills.
- MS Office suite intermediate level proficiency.
- Customer focus, problem solving and analytical skills are highly preferred.
- Food Safety, HACCP knowledge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work different shifts, nights and/or weekends.
- Hours are determined by the needs of a controlled-environment agriculture system.
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures (50oF to 99oF) and background noise approaching 70 decibels.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills and operate equipment.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
- Exerting force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly as part of lifting and moving product and equipment.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching, and lifting above shoulders.
- Standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required.
- City Somerset