About the Role!
The Parts Coordinator is responsible for managing the operation of the plant parts storeroom to achieve the customer service goals of the plant and the department. This is accomplished by eliminating downtime and delay caused due to the availability of parts. The position is responsible for maintaining inventory levels set through min/max levels in the CMMS (SAP) which are affected by planned work assigned by the Maintenance Planner.
As Parts Coordinator, you will work with all team members, specifically Mechanics, to order parts and support parts for projects.
The position will be responsible for delivering results against the plant’s maintenance plan.
- Effective purchasing, receiving, and stocking of repair parts and miscellaneous operating supplies to ensure the plant meets its’ operating plan.
- Manage the plant’s spare parts inventory to ensure parts are available when needed. This is accomplished through achieving a critical balance between maintaining a low working capital and avoiding unplanned downtime.
- Manage the operation of the storeroom to ensure that the Production and Scheduling departments get satisfactory service from the Maintenance Department on a timely basis.
- Work with Maintenance Planner to schedule parts ordering and delivery, coordinated with scheduled work. This includes and is not limited to prioritizing work based on unplanned downtime.
- Control costs through the use of effective planning, re-ordering and alternate vendors and parts.
- Manage and improve the CMMS system by creation of parts and accurate MRP data. Updates classification and metadata for all parts to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory management database through the appropriate execution of above listed responsibilities.
- High school diploma OR GED required.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of Planning/Inventory management experience required.
- Working experience in the operation of a computerized inventory management system (CMMS) required. SAP a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and in excess of 50 lbs. with the aid of lifting assistance.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
- City New Century