We are looking for an experienced North America Payroll Lead who wants to make this Company’s Payroll best in class. This role will work with the global payroll project team, our Payroll Consultant, and our 3rd party provider Ceridian. You will also act as a key operational and transactional payroll lead who is the interface between HR/Line Managers/Finance and Employees in the USA and Canada.
- Regional Payroll Delivery
- Responsible for the effective and timely payroll delivery in both US and Canada
- Responsible for the parallel running and sign off of weekly and semi monthly payrolls
- Entering payroll changes on a weekly, semi monthly basis for all locations.
- Reconcile output deltas, resolve
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for sign-off
- Local Pay arrangements – monitoring, tracking and implementing
- Data Gathering/Validation/Notification of the Upfield requirements and rule changes (Demographic data – starters & leavers and other employee data changes, Fixed & flexible compensation, Overtime payments, Expenses & Benefits, Policy rules/entitlements, GL coding, Equity – RSU, PUS, Timesheets data, Pensions data, etc.)
- Mass data entry of exceptional payments/variable pay/overtime (e.g. Bonus) elements
- Updating pay rate tables post pay deals
- Respond to and resolve associated queries ad requested by local HR or employees
- Make sure that all Legal, business and payroll tax requirements in the countries are met
- Payroll final sign-off for each country in each pay cycle
- Working with 3rd Party Payroll consultants in Year-end tax filing and other more technical payroll tax activities as required in the countries
- General Responsibilities
- Within the HR team, where capacity permits the role will also:
- Complete general HR Administration activities including backing up the HR Data Specialist
- Ensuring all HR information is managed and updated accurately and effectively
- Prepare and complete mass upload templates for major data changes
- Maintaining data quality performance
- Maintenance of physical local site information
- Your Personal Power! At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Experience running complex payrolls in multiple countries
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience
- Knowledge of payroll in US and Canada
- Management of third-parties across regions
- Demonstrated expertise in all Payroll transactional processes
- Knowledge of the local countries legal and tax requirements
- Communication and influencing skills – building strong relationships with the HR Business Partners, Finance Managers, Tax, etc.
- Strong user knowledge of MS Office applications
- Customer service focus – always going the extra step to ensure satisfaction
- Completer-finisher-never leaves tasks incomplete, and ensures processes are followed to their conclusion
- Attention to detail is critical – able to identify the smallest variations and discrepancies in payroll
- Organization of workload is critical – being able to manage multiple requests and prioritize activities
- Inquisitive nature
- Probably a bit of a perfectionist…
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
- City Hackensack