How to apply: After reading the job description entirely, please submit both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining how your experience fits the skills needed in this position. In your cover letter, please answer the questions below. We are seeking to hire for these positions immediately.
Questions for candidates in this position:
- Why do you want to work at Rebellyous Foods?
- Do you have a food handler’s card or the ability to obtain one?
- Have you worked in the food industry before? If so, in what capacity?
- Are you willing to be flexible with your hours as schedules may vary from week to week due to production demand?
About Us: Rebellyous Foods is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of specific, high-quality plant-based meat products to effectively serve the institutional market to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
Rebellyous Foods is seeking full-time plant-based meat technicians to make our plant-based meat products at our production facility in West Seattle. Production consists of plant-based meat processing (mixing, frying, freezing, packaging), production/facility sanitation tasks and support for the transportation of equipment, supplies, and products to and from our storage facilities. This position requires considerable coordination with other team members.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- A passion to make the plant-based meat industry succeed.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Commitment to food safety.
- Comfortable handling and preparing food with a willingness to learn and follow all procedures and protocols.
- Has or is willing to obtain a King County Food Worker Card.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds. Ability to complete physical labor such as packaging and cleaning.
- Experience in food service or food production is desirable.
- Location: West Seattle Headquarters
Salary: Starting range $18 – $20 hourly, but commensurate with applicable experience.
Start Date: ASAP. Applications accepted on an ongoing basis.
Hours: Full-time, must be flexible as hours may vary due to production demand.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, Rebellyous Foods does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.
- Salary Ranges Hourly
- Full Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA 98126, USA
- Job Street Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA 98126, USA
- City Seattle