Department of Food Science and Nutrition University of Minnesota
Job code: 9546
Working Title: Post-Doctoral Associate
Field: Analytical Chemistry and Proteomics
Location: St. Paul campus
Supervisor: Prof. Pam Ismail, Professor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate with Principal Investigators and other lab personnel in the design, implementation, and evaluation of experiments related to food protein chemistry and analytical chemistry following enzymatic assays, proteomics, chromatography, mass spectrometry and IR spectroscopy and other analytical techniques including ELISA, Western blots, epitope mapping.
- Participate in preparation, presentation and reporting of data
- Author, co-author, and otherwise collaborate on reports, conference papers and publications.
- Author and coauthor manuscripts for publication and/or presentation at professional meetings.
- Draft proposals to funding agencies to procure funds for new projects.
- Train and manage graduate and undergraduate students on experimental procedures
Appointment: Position is 100% time 12-month appointment. This Post Doctoral Associate (job code #9546) position is renewable appointment, but renewal is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance. The grant funding this position has funds for up to two years. Post Doctoral Research Associate appointments at the University of Minnesota are limited to three years. The appointment provides access to University health and vacation benefits. Annual salary base: $50,000.
- Ph. D. Food Science, Food Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field
- Experience with high performance liquid chromatography, IR spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry.
- General laboratory and management organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a diverse group of people
- Ability to multitask
- Evidence of willingness to learn new techniques.
- Experience with manuscript preparation and publication in peer-reviewed journals
Expected Start Date – ASAP
- Go to the U of Minnesota Human Resources employment website at:
- Please search and apply for Requisition # 337313
- Attach Cover letter, CV/resume and list with the contact information for three references.
- Only complete applications will be considered and reviewed.
For any questions or inquiries contact: Dr. Pam Ismail (firstname.lastname@example.org) University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Full Address 1334 Eckles Ave Saint Paul, MN
- Job Street Address 1334 Eckles Ave
- City Saint Paul