Process Control Engineer – I Augusta, Georgia, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Process Control Engineer to assist engineers on project work, including design, configuration and commissioning. This person will also support production areas to reduce downtime and improve processes. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s team located in Augusta, GA.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Interface with Production staff to develop new or improved process designs as it pertains to control software and hardware. This would include increased efficiency, higher levels of automation, improved methods of control, and improved information gathering and reporting. Work with engineering group to implement these designs.
- Provide technical support to Production in the area of control system configuration and process control parameter changes, as well as, process troubleshooting.
- Work within a team to introduce and recommend changes in control schemes that will improve the plant operation.
- Develop, maintain, and proctor training procedures for console operators to assure development of good operating practices on automated systems. This includes the development of training materials and process simulation.
- Maintain good documentation practices in accordance to the plant site GMP guidelines.
- Develop a working knowledge of multiple control systems on site (PLC and DCS.) Provide backup support to other process control personnel.
- Supports area capital projects, including scope development, cost justification, control logic, and commissioning.
- Supports site safety and quality initiatives through participation & leadership in teams, incident/CAR analysis, and follow-up.
- Proven reliability and work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of safety, health, environmental, quality systems, and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- B.S Degree in Engineering
- Must be able to follow minimal instructions and support safe work practices
- Must be able to function responsibly as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with facility employees, contract personnel, and with outside vendors and customers.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions as well as work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of sedentary work due to equipment inspection and trouble-shooting.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to wear required protective equipment.
- Work schedule will vary during shutdowns and other extraordinary conditions.
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Excellent computer skills
- Previous Co-op/Intern program within in a manufacturing space.
- Familiarity of process instrumentation, controls engineering, and structured programming techniques.
- Knowledge of automation control platforms such as PLC/HMI or DCS.
- Basic level programming knowledge.
- Electrical and/or mechanical aptitude.
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA
- Job Street Address Augusta, Georgia
- City Augusta