The Procurement team is such a critical part of AeroFarms. They work with our amazing external vendors and suppliers to buy all the things we need to support our capital projects and ongoing operations. If you think you have the skills to help with this keep reading:
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with people and our planet at the forefront.
Applying its award-winning technology platform, AeroFarms grows using up to 95% less water and no pesticides ever to deliver products with elevated flavor, taste, consistency, and nutrition. Some of the ways we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity include:
- Researching and understanding plants at unprecedented levels to be better farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for people and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Setting a new standard for food safety and traceability in our indoor vertical farms
- Investing in our AeroFarms team and fostering a diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, learning and growth
Click here to watch/learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPX7ZS0wqWI
VP of Procurement
Based out of our Newark NJ HQ Corporate office, 50 Park Place, Newark NJ. (currently remote, move to flex schedule, 2-3 days per week TBD) – no relocation available, must be based in the area.
- Deliver the best total value matching price with schedule, quality, and service
- Ensure proper procurement processes, requirements, and procedures are followed to mitigate risk to the company
- Provide procurement expertise to internal stakeholders across multiple functions
- Focus on indirect materials and services categories
- Identify prospective suppliers for operations categories
- Work closely with operations to develop RFI’s (Requests for Information) and RFP’s (Requests for proposal)
- Analyze supplier RFI and RFP responses
- Negotiate service level agreements, pricing, terms, and conditions
- Process Purchase Orders
- Maintain necessary required vendor documents (electronic and physical) such as W-9’s, indemnities, tax exemption forms, etc.
- Provide timely and appropriate material availability information to internal stakeholders
- Resolve supplier and internal stakeholder issues ensure successful project delivery
- Independently manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks
- Develop and maintain positive, productive, proactive relationships with a wide variety of suppliers and internal stakeholders, especially operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Purchasing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years as a buyer or a related position
- MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management, organizational and task prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
You get to:
- Work in one of the most fun and diverse teams in the company (coming from the Head of Talent – I hope that means something!)
- Learn along side some of the best and brightest at AeroFarms! (Chis is an awesome boss).
- Collaboration: We know we cannot fix the world’s problems as individuals – we have to work together as a team to make change happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication: We are a small company (in relative terms, 200+ employees) and we succeed because we communicate with each other. Everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility: What we do has never been done before. We are an innovative company and often there is no right or wrong way to do things. We challenge ideas to constantly improve how we operate and change directions to be the best that we can be.
- Accountability: We don’t micromanage but hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction. We expect candidates to take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect: We are scaling around the world and we want our team to represent the customers and communities that we serve. We expect candidates to respect and include diverse people, ideas, and cultures in their work so that we can learn the most from one another.
- Empowerment: We provide an environment for growth and development. We will help you grow in your career and elevate your work with our team.
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark
- Experience Level Entry-Level