A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing company? Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s leading protein company. We have operations in Seattle, WA; Shelbyville, IN; and Turners Falls, MA. Our 500 associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment. We support one another to grow professionally and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
The Production Manager is a key leadership role whose responsibilities include the efficient operation of the facility. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role has overall accountability to have all lines running effectively and efficiently and oversees the following areas; Production, food safety, continuous improvement, product planning and more to assist and improve plant performance.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Maintain the Company’s Food Safety requirements with strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP.
- Work closely with the production leadership team in the creation of schedules to ensure that the production schedule is completed.
- Build strong relationships across all departments with a focus on collaboration and cooperation in order to meet the needs of production.
- Complete regular reporting that captures manufacturing performance and be able to analyze and report out on the results.
- Create plans for future success with short, medium and long-term planning/forecasting.
- Monitor production inputs/outputs closely and be able to provide strong leadership to maximize efficiency and to minimize product loss.
- Champion continuous improvement for the manufacturing processes, leading meetings and specific project to optimize production operations.
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food processing facility.
- BA/BS in Food Science, Business, or relevant subject area preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Must demonstrate ability to schedule employees and production shifts within a fast-paced multi-shift environment.
- Have strong financial and manufacturing analytical skills and be able to produce high-level reports and business plans.
- Proven decision-making ability using various analytical tools (variance reports, downtime analysis, SWOT analysis, Six Sigma metrics, etc.)
- Firm comprehension of industry standard Safety, Quality, Productivity and Inventory processes and Best Practices.
- Proficiency with commonly available manufacturing-based software packages including performance management tools such as Excel, SAP, LEDS (Epicor).
- Well-developed written and communication skills, and ability to deal with a variety of front-line employee relations issues.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Must be prepared to substitute for Production Supervisors’ absences as needed.
- Comfortable and effective in working with all levels of a very diverse workforce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflict and build teams.
- Knowledge of HACCP and Health and Safety regulations.
What we have to offer you:
- Career development opportunities
- Health and Wellness benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Full Address 153 Industrial Blvd, Turners Falls, MA
- Job Street Address 153 Industrial Blvd
- City Turners Falls