The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Project Manager for the Communications department. In this position you will manage high-priority, multi-channel Marketing and Communications projects focused on fundraising and advocacy, and foster the collaboration between Advancement and program teams, helping ensure the integration and prioritization of projects and campaigns approved through the strategic and operational plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with internal clients and stakeholders throughout project lifecycles to develop goals, plan and execute major projects and campaigns, schedule tasks and milestones, and communicate statuses and performance, ensuring that cross-channel campaigns align with the strategic plan, amplify the brand and maximize donor and supporter engagement;
- Acting as a project expediter for assigned multi-channel projects and initiatives, providing daily oversight and coordination of work that bridges marketing and communications channels;
- Formulating and refining processes to encourage communication, collaboration and integration across multiple teams and multiple time zones, ensuring cross-functional teams work effectively and efficiently to meet the strategic fundraising, operational and advocacy goals of the organization;
- Maintaining annual campaigns calendar, collaborating with Advancement and program stakeholders to align calendar and activities with business and program objectives and the organizational strategic plan;
- Serving as a primary MarComm representative, assisting colleagues with questions and concerns, helping them navigate JIRA, our project management system, and representing MarComm with internal and external parties to calibrate expectations, and ensure schedule and goal alignment and adherence to brand standards and departmental policies;
- Producing reports on MarComm initiatives and projects to document alignment with Advancement goals and organizational strategic plan.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field is preferred, or equivalent work experience required;
- Five (5) years of experience managing projects and stakeholders in Marketing, Communications or similar industry required;
- Management/supervisory experience preferred;
- Project Management Professional certification preferred;
- Ability to manage complex projects in fast-paced and quickly changing marketing and/or communications disciplines, particularly in a digital environment;
- Proficient with project management software including Jira, Confluence and SharePoint Team Sites and collaboration software such as Zoom;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct marketing and fundraising tests or programs, marketing automation, and/or customer and donor journey management;
- Expertise in the development and implementation of operational processes, fostering innovation, and achieving results through cross-functional collaboration;
- Exceptional organizational, project, and priority management skills used in the planning, execution and follow up of issues, projects and responsibilities, while setting and adhering to established deadlines;
- Ability to schedule, plan and lead engaging, efficient and impactful meetings, facilitating highly effective, outcomes-oriented sessions;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; creative, collaborative, high energy, self-motivated and proactive;
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with workload and assignments, while building relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while resolving complex issues and problems;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This position is based in the Washington DC Metro Area – Remote eligible.
The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
- Full Address 1255 23rd St NW, Washington, DC
- Job Street Address 1255 23rd St NW
- City Washington
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office