Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is currently searching for a Property Administrator (fixed asset) to join the Finance & Accounting Department. As a key member of the Property Department, the position will report to the Property Officer. The successful candidate is responsible for contributing to and continually improving an efficient process designed to assist Institution staff in the tracking of property through an on-line integrated procurement process of Accounts Payable, Purchasing and Receiving, in compliance with Institution policies and government regulations.
This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position, and is eligible for full benefits.
- Create and maintain a consistent atmosphere of partnership and mutual respect with customers in the WHOI community
- Assists with maintenance of the equipment records and preparing annual government reports to specific government agencies such as NSF, ONR, NASA, etc., in collaboration with WHOI’S Grant & Contract Services department and responsible equipment custodians.
- Responsible for conducting on-site inventory for all Institution-owned equipment both on an individualized timeline as well as a an annually basis
- Researches and identifies equipment locations
- Assists with obtaining follow-on Institution project numbers from the Principal Investigator and making the required adjustments to the equipment record
- Assists with the disposition procedures of all Institution owned equipment with the required government and non-government agencies
- Assist the Property Officer in all Institution internal and external audits
- Process required documents relevant to the property records
- Initiate appropriate property record changes in the system when needed
- Assists the Property Officer with donation of equipment to local non-profit organizations ensuring that all documentation is on file once the organization takes possession of equipment
- Collaborates with the procurement team and other institutional departments to create and maintain property records
- Assists the Property Officer with inventory and record keeping of disposed property
- Assists the Property Officer in educating the institution in property policy and procedure
- Works closely with the property officer in support of department cross-training to assist in peak load times and office absences.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two plus years of related inventory experience or equivalent education/experience.
- Relevant experience in inventory/inventory management. Not-For-Profit or research experience preferred
- Certified Professional Property Specialist (CPPS) certification preferred, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Knowledge of the FAR and UG (Federal Acquisition Regulations / Uniform Guidance) as they relate to property issues preferred.
- Must have demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office products and relational databases; demonstrated ability to work effectively and build relationships with department managers and customers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills essential.
- Seeks external opportunities for professional development and training.
- Must be able to qualify for TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) within 6 months of hire.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to, ability to independently lift to 30 lbs. and carry up to 30 lbs., ability to climb a ladder, crouch/bend/twist/stoop, move equipment, and work with hand and power tools (drill-driver etc.). Visual abilities to include ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus, ability to distinguish basic colors, ability to read and interpret packing lists and other documents in both text and digital format. Hearing abilities include ability to communicate on telephone and in person with the ability to understand the spoken word. Other physical tasks include occasional standing/walking and use of hands for fine manipulation. Other occupational abilities will include working with/ around people. Will be exposed to dust or other irritants and grease and oils. Physical duties are subject to change.
- Full Address 86 Water St, Woods Hole, MA
- Job Street Address 86 Water St
- City Woods Hole