Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals including food ingredients, and flavors. We are seeking a highly motivated Chemist with bench chemistry experience. This hands-on position requires a high degree of flexibility and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s manufacturing team located in Augusta, GA.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Works under direct supervision of Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Performs analyses of samples using wet chemical and instrumental methods from written or verbal instructions. Performs necessary calculations and assists in the evaluation of laboratory procedures and evaluation of data.
- Identifies methodology problems, suggests improvements, and updates procedures.
- Complies with all documentation requirements regarding processing GMP’s safety, housekeeping, and sanitation. Performs all work in compliance with company Safety Health and Environmental guidelines
- Analysis of Raw Materials, In-Process batch samples, Finished Product and others duties as assigned, including supporting waste water and process troubleshooting.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analyses in a Food GMP regulated environment, including calibration and documentation.
- Participate in Corrective Action Investigation teams and internal audits across site.
- Work includes night shifts, weekends and holidays as per production demands.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related science or completed Lab Tech program from an accredited technical school and 5-7+ years laboratory experience
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, vendors, contractors and other business contacts.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of sedentary work due to demands required by presence in a laboratory such as standing on feet 10-12 hours per day. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders repetitively, when required. Must be able to wear required protective equipment, including respirators.
- Must comply with Manus Bio’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees
- Experience in Food GMP environment and Good Lab Practices
- Experience with HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, FTIR, and wet chemistry techniques.
- Knowledge of working safely with basic lab equipment: chemical solutions, lab glassware, pipets, centrifuges, pH meters, ovens, balances etc.
Preferred Working Style:
- Should be a well-organized, self-motivated, quick learner who is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform all duties in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines
- Should be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively
- Must hold himself or herself to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards
Job Type: Regular, Hourly
Employee Status: Permanent
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA
- Job Street Address Augusta, Georgia
- City Augusta