The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Applied Ocean Physics and Engineering (AOPE) Department is seeking a Sr. Admin Assistant I with a working title of Receiving Clerk to work within the Oceanographic Systems Lab (OSL). This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position, and is eligible for full benefits. The successful candidate will be part of a group largely focused on advancement of autonomous underwater vehicles and will provide receiving and materials handling support, as well as day-to-day administrative support for engineering staff. OSL is a fast-paced, dynamic lab with science and military funding sponsors. The work is varied and rewarding as the results of our team effort are used to collect data for understanding the ocean and protecting the world.
The primary responsibility of the Receiving Clerk is to provide material coordination support to the growing OSL REMUS team. The ideal candidate has experience working professionally, exhibits a strong attention to detail, can manage/coordinate multiple tasks/projects, and maintains strong organizational skills. Successful applicants will have the ability to function as a team member while taking initiative and ownership of assigned duties and projects. Candidate must be a person that seeks responsibility and helps to further define their position in a dynamic environment of opportunity.
- Receives material from vendors. Check against packing information for quantity, condition, compliance to PO. Record receipt in OSL BOM. Stock and track material. Document inventory, record transactions, and perform periodic inventory reconciliation.
- Updates material receipt status on spreadsheet Bills of Material.
- Kit material for assembly and test.
- Tracks materials and build processing of parts through completion.
- Tracks Purchase Orders for support services including testing labs and outside processes.
- Tracks the status of delivery of customer orders including tracking of open and delivered lines. Prepares shipping documents and coordinates with the customer for delivery confirmation. Provides the objective evidence of delivery to Accounting to initiate invoice preparation.
- Maintains Customer/Government Property records for OSL including locations of property and clearing property as shipments occur.
- Assists with coordinating and supporting the activities and functions of OSL by following existing procedures.
- Cross train on Purchase Requisition preparation and order tracking.
Education & Experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience required along with a High School diploma.
- Experience with material receipt and tracking, inventory management, and material management.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and organizational skills.
- Must have proven ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and take initiative. Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- WHOI has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in effect, where you must register your full vaccination status [vaccination plus booster] in order to begin your employment. The registration process is confidential and entails submitting your official vaccination records, or requesting to engage in the interactive exemption process for either a medical or religious reason.
Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to, repetitive motion, use of hands for basic grasping / manipulation, mostly sedentary. Visual abilities to include near vision, ability to distinguish basic colors. Hearing requirements include the ability to hear and respond to instructions, communicate effectively. Ability to work with others around and alone. Physical duties are subject to change.
- Full Address 266 Woods Hole Road Woods Hole, MA
- Job Street Address 266 Woods Hole Road
- City Woods Hole