At Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), our mission is to understand the ocean for our planet and our future. In pursuit of this aspiration are some of the world’s most talented ocean scientists and engineers who are pushing the boundaries of knowledge about the ocean to reveal its impacts on our planet and our lives. If you would like to support the people who go to impossible places to do impossible things, you can be part of making a difference. We are looking for a strategic, organized, team-oriented recruiting professional who works with a sense of urgency and leverages their strong technology capabilities to join our talented Human Resources team as a (Senior) Talent Acquisition Partner. This is an important outward-facing role which provides talent-related services to managers, department administrative staff, employees, affiliates, foreign nationals, and other partners at WHOI. This is a strategic recruitment position and requires accountability and ownership in the execution of the following: provide a consultative approach with hiring managers, source passive candidates, build pipelines for reoccurring roles, drive key recruitment metrics, and process improvement. This position will have the option to be partially remote, fully remote or fully on campus.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the (Senior) Talent Acquisition Partner is expected to participate in day-to-day collaboration with all functions within the HR team and bring a positive approach to work and assist in whatever types of tasks may be assigned to support the team’s mission.
The (Senior) Talent Acquisition Partner will work to support the recruitment of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution’s positions to find qualified talent to fill roles with a special interest in sourcing of qualified diverse candidates. In addition, this position may assist with more general Talent needs at the Institution as directed. The internal title of this role will be Talent Acquisition Partner or Senior Talent Acquisition Partner with the level determined by the selected candidate’s years of experience.
- Lead the recruitment process for assigned openings with a mind to budgetary constraints, revenue enhancement and benchmarking of positions.
- Professionally represent and market the Institution in keeping with the mission of the Institution and HR team at all times.
- Manage high volume recruitment efforts effectively while also recruiting for specific, hard to fill openings. Prioritizes recruitment needs as needed, ensuring all hiring managers needs are met.
- Drive and deliver on projects, outreach activities and operational recruitment actions that align with the diversity and inclusion mission of the Institution.
- Collaborate with HR Talent team to build effective sourcing strategies and focused execution to include identification of best match employers, associations, institutions and academic institutions to mine for candidates.
- Build and maintain network of passive candidates through proactive market research and ongoing relationship management using LinkedIn and other candidate sourcing venues.
- Creates and utilizes social media campaigns to attract diverse talent.
- Develop effective position-specific sourcing and assessment strategies that has a focus on optimizing the diversity of our applicant pools.
- Manage customer/partner expectations, including identification of sites, education and certification. backgrounds and organizations to target for sourcing as well as who NOT to target.
- Recommend ideas and strategies that will contribute to the long-range success of the Institutions recruiting goals.
- Maintain EEO, HIPAA, AAP and other compliance.
- Accurately maintain data in Applicant Tracking System through timely entry of applicant disposition and recruiting notes.
- Maintain and keep confidential all aspects of candidate data and Institutional business.
- Deliver quality candidates for assigned positions.
- Develop and target career development contacts at sought after educational institutions, and build and execute plans to leverage the strategic relationships.
- Ability to cross-train with other HR functions and provide back-up support as needed.
Education & Experience
WHOI has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in effect, where you must register your full vaccination status [vaccination plus booster] in order to begin your employment. The registration process is confidential and entails submitting your official vaccination records, or requesting to engage in the interactive exemption process for either a medical or religious reason.
This position is mostly sedentary in nature and involves some repetitive motion such as with data entry. There is also the occasional need for retrieving and replacing files that requires some bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. This position will work alone as well as around and with others. Physical duties are subject to change.
- Full Address 266 Woods Hole Road Woods Hole, MA
- Job Street Address 266 Woods Hole Road
- City Woods Hole