Here at Modern Meadow we are harnessing the power of design, biology, and engineering to produce biofabricated materials and bioproducts. As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a bench level Research Associate familiar with techniques in biochemistry and cell culturing.
- With guidance, initiates and executes scientific research and experiments and interprets and communicates results as part of multi-disciplinary team(s).
- Develops new and improves upon existing procedures related to cell culturing and protein biochemistry.
- Carries out routine cell culturing and/or protein purification methodologies.
- Analyze purified proteins by gel electrophoresis and quantitative methods (i.e. enzyme kinetic assays, protein quantitation, protein binding assays).
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure generation of accurate and high-quality data.
- Analyze data and provide updates to project teams and stakeholders while meeting strict timelines and goals.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed or specified by team leads and management.
- Maintain clear and detailed laboratory documentation of all experiments and findings.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular biology or related Biochemical sciences.
- A foundation of basic protein biochemistry, engineering, and analytical principles obtained through academic training and/or experience.
- Previous cell culturing experience a plus.
- Comfortable working at the bench independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, organizational and scientific documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment.
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to multitask and successfully interact to meet deadlines
- Ability to work onsite, in the lab and support a non-regular schedule when needed.
- Knowledge of basic statistics and data visualization.
Modern Meadow is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and
affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability
status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- City Nutley