Appointment: Researcher 2 – 8352R2 100% position
Program Area: Protein Chemistry and Analysis
Office Location: St. Paul Campus
- MS in related field of education
- Must have experience in Food Analytical Chemistry related to proteins
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and statistical tools
- Experience in applying knowledge and skills to recurring tasks, with emphasis on precision and timeliness
- Must be able to work independently and supervise graduate and undergraduate researchers
- Experience with various analytical tools, including HPLC and MS
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent in problem solving
About the Position
Position is a 100% Civil Service position. Position performs research with minimal direction, is able to solve research related issues, able to oversee projects and directs students in the lab.
- Design and execute scientific experiments independently in analytical chemistry involving protein and various metabolites (25%)
- Prepare and run experiments on various instruments and research equipment (25%)
- Perform data analysis including statistical analysis, interpret and summarize results with minimal guidance (10%)
- Operate lab equipment such the FTIR, HPLC, and mass spectrometry (10%)
- Keep detailed records of all experiments in laboratory notebooks, databases, spreadsheets and web-based applications (3%)
- Train graduate and undergraduate students on lab equipment, procedures and analysis (5%)
- Order supplies, maintain inventories and equipment, ensure compliance with safety, and regulatory reporting requirements (2%)
- Conduct background literature search on relevant topics (10%)
- Write reports and prepare scientific manuscript for submission to peer reviewed journals (10%)
Program/Unit Description: Position will be in the Department of Food Science and Nutrition, CFANS, University of Minnesota under the supervision of Dr. Pam Ismail.
Individuals interested in this position should apply online at https://employment.umn.edu – and attach a cover letter, resume and a list of three references and complete contact information.
For any questions or inquiries contact: Dr. Pam Ismail, firstname.lastname@example.org, University of
Minnesota – Department of Food Science and Nutrition, 1334 Eckles Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108, Phone: 612-512-5647
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
- Full Address 1334 Eckles Ave Saint Paul, MN
- Job Street Address 1334 Eckles Ave
- City Saint Paul